Status
Not open for further replies.

uptowndisco2

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Burgman 400
Most will know but for those that dont.

New Drift HD Stealth Compact due for release mid August :)

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/26837038[/vimeo]

HappyPuppy

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Vstrom 650
There are some pics and a video on vimeo. It is a nice upgrade and fixed a lot of the complaints.

XXX526

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Missouri
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
About time they ditched the proprietary mic input! The choice between this and the Replay-XD is getting really tough.

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
i am brand loyal, i will stay with the drift purely because of the customer service i got from getonit sports

Gogosor

Wannabie Member
Jul 24, 2011
France
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki Bandit 600S

launch

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2011
Gnarth America
www.launchhelmetcams.ca
I ride a
Bunch of different two wheeled badboys.
The price on the new HD will be $369 USD/ $379 CAN, and the HD170 will be dropping to under $300.

Finally got the proper firmware in for our pre-production unit, and took it for a spin yesterday on my bike (bicycle) to check out the new sensor.

The changes on the HD are so solid. I never really thought the HD 170 was 'too big' until i popped the HD on my bike (bicycle), you can really tuck it in anywhere, without it getting in the way. Aside from the size/sensor, noticeable differences are the new port on the back (definitely going to increase the water resistance), the replaceable lens gives you a lot more peace of mind regarding damage (although seeing as how you can't get them yet, I'm still a little nervous, hehe) and there is a MUCH better designed clip for helmets / goggles. I'll post the few pics I snapped in a while for you guys to check out.

Also, I set up a coupon code for the forum members here that will remain active for a year from now (we can set it up for longer as required). The code is 'MOTOVLOG10' and will get you 10% off whatever you order through our online store (http://www.launchhelmetcams.ca / .com)... including the HD preorder.

*Only certain brands can be shipped internationally due to international trade agreements n such, but you're welcome to enquire, we'll do our best to hook you guys up as best (legally) as we can!

dafobra

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda CBR600F4i
that's very cool of you launch! I love my HD170, and they have gone with a longer wristband (which was my only peeve).. the smaller size, revised rear cover and microphone input are icing on the cake...

ariderslife

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Melbourne - Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Currently: 2004 CB 919 - Previous rides - Honda Hornet 600 aka CB599 - Previous: 1999 Honda VTR 250: Previous Honda f4i - Previous: CBR 929 Previous: DRZ400sm: Previous 2006 gsxr 600: Previous 1989 Honda Spada VT250
dafobra said:
that's very cool of you launch! I love my HD170, and they have gone with a longer wristband (which was my only peeve).. the smaller size, revised rear cover and microphone input are icing on the cake...

and lense cover, so they may be making a tint/ polarizer thing

Kindredice

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
2012 Yamaha R6
Its nice to see that there are many camera options for motorcycle vlogging now. Couple years ago there were only 2 and not many ppl uses inside helmet digital cameras anymore.

lauriejennifer

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Kawasaki KLX330sm * Keen BadBoy CX50 * Kawasaki ER-6n
Kindredice said:
Its nice to see that there are many camera options for motorcycle vlogging now. Couple years ago there were only 2 and not many ppl uses inside helmet digital cameras anymore.

I still rock it old school! :mrgreen:

launch

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2011
Gnarth America
www.launchhelmetcams.ca
I ride a
Bunch of different two wheeled badboys.
So, I took out the new HD for some laps around Stanley park here in Vancouver, and the footage was decent, but it seems there is still some work to be done on the firmware. The light metering on the camera was definitely a little off, as it was really slow to adjust to new lighting conditions as I ripped around, and it was pretty sunny. Must be firmware, as they always take a while to get it totally right on these new production units (the contour GPS went through like 4-5 updates in the first 2 months).

I got some stills that look pretty solid though before I filled up my card, you can really see the potential for the 9 MP sensor upgrade (file size was around 3.4 MB at 9 MP). That being said though, still not perfect. Link to the stills on our Flickr are below, probably not gonna share any of the footy until i figure out whats up with this metering situation, and that is probably why nobody has shared any footy off of their preproduction units

http://www.flickr.com/photos/launchcams ... otostream/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts