Need Advice

kev125cc

125cc rider
Oct 6, 2016
I ride a
yamaha ybr 125
hi all I'm new to the vloggin scene do you guys n girls have any tips to get more viewers thanks

Sailormoto

Wannabie Member
Jul 4, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
There's a lot of things you can't control when it comes to YouTube and a lot of luck will usually help but I'll list below a few things that will help. If you get a good solid foundation to your channel then content, views and subs will all catch up eventually.

• Branding. Seriously important and very often overlooked. Logo, banner, thumbnails etc. They should all follow the same format with the same fonts, colours etc. You want people to know it's your video before they've even looked at the creator. You also want them to click. Don't constantly change your branding too regularly either.
  • Custom thumbnails and titles. Part of the previous point but I feel it's important enough for its own bullet point. Don't rely on auto generated stuff and make something that people will click. Click bait is fine as long as you're not overdoing it.
  • Social media and communities. A very good way to bring people to your channel. A lot of people vastly underuse this but it's a great way of being people from outside YouTube that wouldn't find you otherwise. Commenting on your favourite youtubers can also help as long as you've got a good logo thumbnail.
  • Content. Not much to say here but make good stuff. Find out what works and mix it with what you enjoy. Lots of people just say make stuff you enjoy but a little bit of pandering will help especially in the beginning. You should make stuff you enjoy but all that hard work for little views can take the enjoyment out of it
  • End cards and annotations. Always link to previous videos. This may be someone's first time watching you and if they make it to the end a quick link to another video makes it easier for them.
  • Trends. You might notice in YouTube that video trends rise and fall quicker than you can even think about making them. Keep your finger on the pulse and strike with a topic that interests you while it's a hot topic.
  • Have fun and don't worry too much about it though. It should be fun and half the stuff you pick up as you go.

Marbro_za

Dan's princess
Mar 13, 2014
I ride a
Yamaha fz6
This pretty much covered it,
But i would like to add, Use proper equipment,
If you use a $50 action cam, expect that type of quality

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Ride like a fuckwit.
Do wheelies everywhere.
Yell at cars and other people in general.
Use lots of click bait, and do it all on a grom or a motard.

Then your in with a chance of capturing the growin 12-14 year old YouTube audience

Shifty

Motovlogger
Jan 5, 2016
U.K.
shiftyblake.wordpress.com
I ride a
Ducati Multistrada 1200 GT
Ride like a fuckwit.
Do wheelies everywhere.

Then your in with a chance of capturing the growin 12-14 year old YouTube audience

In all seriousness this is true. You need to be a teen to attract that sort of market, crashes, near misses, tits etc etc... and keep it to 2 minutes, throw in a police chase and add a title that includes, death, arrested, top 10 most dangerous etc etc....

However i'm a 40 something, i do it as a journal like a blog, its for me first and foremost....

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
I think Sailormoto nailed it. Since he didn't explicitly say it, I will: Don't just copy other YouTubers! Find your own groove, do your own thing, and be unique.

There was a recent thread around here on promoting your channel to other communities with some good advice. There's also Motovlogger Amino, which I just joined today and am already enjoying.

Shelbster

a.k.a. El Shelbster
Nov 9, 2016
San Marcos, Texas
I ride a
2016 Kawasaki Ninja 300
I don't think anyone has said this yet, but don't worry about how awful your vlogs are at first. Everyone's starting vids will be rocky until you get into your groove.

Cherrie

Triumph Street Triple Rider
Mar 12, 2015
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Agreed with many of the great points here by Sailor Moto and the funny responses... but I honestly thing
BE ANYTHING BUT BORING! will also help

Don't forget to network and comment on other people's videos!

Reactions: Undead MV

EpicNick

Wannabie Member
Aug 26, 2017
USA
I ride a
Ninja 300
I think Sailormoto nailed it. Since he didn't explicitly say it, I will: Don't just copy other YouTubers! Find your own groove, do your own thing, and be unique.

There was a recent thread around here on promoting your channel to other communities with some good advice. There's also Motovlogger Amino, which I just joined today and am already enjoying.
It's like the old quote from Picasso, "Good artists copy, great artists steal." It's okay to look at what is working for others, just innovate on it with your own flair.

2WV

@2WheelVandal
Feb 25, 2017
South England
I ride a
A motorcycle, silly.
  • Branding. Seriously important and very often overlooked. Logo, banner, thumbnails etc. They should all follow the same format with the same fonts, colours etc. You want people to know it's your video before they've even looked at the creator. You also want them to click. Don't constantly change your branding too regularly either.
  • Custom thumbnails and titles. Part of the previous point but I feel it's important enough for its own bullet point. Don't rely on auto generated stuff and make something that people will click. Click bait is fine as long as you're not overdoing it.
  • Social media and communities. A very good way to bring people to your channel. A lot of people vastly underuse this but it's a great way of being people from outside YouTube that wouldn't find you otherwise. Commenting on your favourite youtubers can also help as long as you've got a good logo thumbnail.
  • Content. Not much to say here but make good stuff. Find out what works and mix it with what you enjoy. Lots of people just say make stuff you enjoy but a little bit of pandering will help especially in the beginning. You should make stuff you enjoy but all that hard work for little views can take the enjoyment out of it
  • End cards and annotations. Always link to previous videos. This may be someone's first time watching you and if they make it to the end a quick link to another video makes it easier for them.
  • Trends. You might notice in YouTube that video trends rise and fall quicker than you can even think about making them. Keep your finger on the pulse and strike with a topic that interests you while it's a hot topic.
  • Have fun and don't worry too much about it though. It should be fun and half the stuff you pick up as you go.

All you need really. If you remain consistent with uploads, you will attract. Just recently i had a view spike on some vids and gained a few subs :)

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Ride like a fuckwit.
Do wheelies everywhere.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on this one. A shame really as it can give the rest of us a bad rep but that happens with everything these days. Minority ruin it for the majority.

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
Agreed with many of the great points here by Sailor Moto and the funny responses... but I honestly thing
BE ANYTHING BUT BORING! will also help

Don't forget to network and comment on other people's videos!

Damn i think all my vids are boring tho, but at least i enjoyed while making them

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts