My new Bike - CBR500RA Tricolour

RowanOn2Wheels

Wannabie Member
May 4, 2013
Queensland, Australia
I ride a
2013 Honda CBR500RA Tri-colour
Finally got in the shed after a very long 4 month wait till the 500R ABS version was released in the tricolour paint scheme. I had my deposit paid and ready in March.

Its going to be a great weekend. :D

df437b4b-a6c6-487a-b44b-647d638f6632_zpsc22e7145.jpg

IMG_0531_zps5cb91a67.jpg

IMG_0533_zpsfb98932e.jpg

My videos are coming soon, I need to learn for a few months before I even strap a camera to my head. I'm also researching for a suitable helmet to chin mount a Go Pro Hero 3. Till then I'm a humble tourist on your lovely forums. Nice to meet you all. :D

Reactions: Shirou

jim8o

Wannabie Member
Jun 18, 2013
I ride a
Sachs Madass 125
This is one on the short list for me, very much looking forward to some videos and impressions of the bike! Congrats mate.

RowanOn2Wheels

Wannabie Member
May 4, 2013
Queensland, Australia
I ride a
2013 Honda CBR500RA Tri-colour
Thanks guys. Yeah I'm pretty stoked about it. I've spent the weekend just getting to know it and learn how to ride, so far it's been a blast!!! I was inspired to take up motorcycling by a few guys I watched on YouTube. I should have done it years ago...

I'm looking forward to making some videos for you guys but I might wait till I've lived on the thing for a few months before attempting an owners review. The honeymoon needs to be over before you can get critical with it and give a balance review. Also nothing worse then watching a new rider try and give a critique when they can't actually ride themselves. So I have a few hurdles to jump before strapping on the Go Pro 3 and making videos.

Anyway, great to meet you all. And I'll see you online :D

TheGriffiss

Staple My Balls And Call Me Crazy
May 28, 2013
Hampshire, UK
I ride a
KTM RC8
ive got a 600RR and ive been lookin for the wheels you've got for mine coz . . . they . . . are . . . awsome!!

TheGriffiss

Staple My Balls And Call Me Crazy
May 28, 2013
Hampshire, UK
I ride a
KTM RC8
04 600RR its my baby. Just got it back after it being knocked over and smashed up. Its awsome. It looks as good as newer bikes. Never had anythin go wrong with it - mechanically/ electronically wise and most importantly its amazing to ride! Acceleration is pretty awsome. Most the roads round where i am are fast twisties and i can easily keep up with bigger bikes since its so easy to ride. very forgiving aswell. had a couple of tank slapping moments and rear wheel lock ups and it just feels composed and never completely out of control. Still runs as tight as a drum. Getting a power commender 5 fitted and mapping for Yoshimura slip on and KN Airfilter next month.

The only sort of negative is that the powerband is above 10,000 rpm which means if you are taking it round corners you are revving the shit it out of it (which i love) and making loads of noise. Also lots of up and down gears is used but thats just makes me feel like Cal Crutchlow so meh

tryin to put a pic in to show you but its chinning me off

Overall, i love it!

Kals2k

Wannabie Member
Jul 10, 2013
California
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Gsx-R750 and Cbr250R
Looks sexy as hell! Love the color too. If that bike came out 2 month earlier than the release date, I would have gotten it for a daily commuter instead of the cbr250r.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B.Vation Moto Photos! 3
HippoDrone Moto Photos! 2