Funny My first motovlog!

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
So I want to point out I know it's way too long, and theres no editing yet, but this was just my first vlog and I wanted to get used to just talking while riding and filming, and this is what it came out to. There are some stunning shots from malibu though, and a few good laughs along the way. Anyway all criticism is welcomed! Hope at least some of you find it mildly entertaining!

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Your audio is great at the pace you were riding at. You def need to try and keep the videos under 15min if you can, and try and structure them. I got to just over 10min into that and you could have put in a close out and finished it there. You then could have done a new opener and talked about the new subject and closed it out after, and done that all the way through the ride. That would have gotten you 5 vids for your channel along stunning roads and scenery (assuming the scenery was as nice all the way through?), which would have given you 5 weeks of content to share if you are doing one a week. If you are then able to get out a lot and ride still, you could either bin or bank the videos you liked less for a "rainy day".
What FOV where you using on your GoPro Hero 8?
Awesome first vid, you seem very comfortable talking while you ride. If youcould afford it,you could mount a second camera facing you so that you can cut to it to remove the "yeah umm" and the sniffs etc, we all do the "umms" and sniffs/sneezes etc, but it is nice to be able to cut them out if you are able! :)
Awesome stuff :)

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Your audio is great at the pace you were riding at. You def need to try and keep the videos under 15min if you can, and try and structure them. I got to just over 10min into that and you could have put in a close out and finished it there. You then could have done a new opener and talked about the new subject and closed it out after, and done that all the way through the ride. That would have gotten you 5 vids for your channel along stunning roads and scenery (assuming the scenery was as nice all the way through?), which would have given you 5 weeks of content to share if you are doing one a week. If you are then able to get out a lot and ride still, you could either bin or bank the videos you liked less for a "rainy day".
What FOV where you using on your GoPro Hero 8?
Awesome first vid, you seem very comfortable talking while you ride. If youcould afford it,you could mount a second camera facing you so that you can cut to it to remove the "yeah umm" and the sniffs etc, we all do the "umms" and sniffs/sneezes etc, but it is nice to be able to cut them out if you are able! :)
Awesome stuff :)
Thanks for the advice, I will definitely look into everything you said. Yeah the ums and sniffs I noticed right away. And I did not structure this video at all, just went out to ride and talk. Its oddly therapeutic in a way. But I really appreciate the input and future videos will definitely be more refined.

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
So I want to point out I know it's way too long, and theres no editing yet, but this was just my first vlog and I wanted to get used to just talking while riding and filming, and this is what it came out to. There are some stunning shots from malibu though, and a few good laughs along the way. Anyway all criticism is welcomed! Hope at least some of you find it mildly entertaining!

You had me at MALIBU.

As far as length of video, that depends on topic and given some places are still frowning on non-essential travel, film and produce what you want and then when we get back to "normal" go back and look at the analytics to see how long folks watch a video for.

Reactions: HippoDrone

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I only have a couple of pointers would be drop the bass a couple decibels and raise the treble up a bit.

The camera on top of the helmet is not the best POV. I get why some may want that view. Chin mount is best but can be challenging to frame the shot when in a full tuck. Side mount is ok if the mount can swiveled.

Awesome on the air vest!

BTW, I have a longish video from the Angeles forest if you have a rainy day to watch. ;)

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Seriously, we all do the ums and stuff, so it is something you will either be able to train yourself not to do, or learn how to hide them in editing! :)
Your first vid was fantastic, far better than possibly any I made in my first year! :)

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Great first motovlog, your sound and picture quality are good. What about that crazy bicyclist though, LOL!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts