Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Nice little edit, and a great length, not too long, not too short. stunning road too :)
I ride for fun, I can commute, but generally use the car... like to keep work and play seperate. Sadly due to C19 I can't currently recreationally ride and am not working due to it so can't even commute.

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Nice little edit, and a great length, not too long, not too short. stunning road too :)
I ride for fun, I can commute, but generally use the car... like to keep work and play seperate. Sadly due to C19 I can't currently recreationally ride and am not working due to it so can't even commute.
Thanks hippo! Sorry to hear. They dont crack down on riders here riding recreationally during these times unless you are in big group rides thankfully. It will be over soon no worries!

• Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I lived in LA for about 5 years during my 20's. Started riding on the street at 29 on an R1. That was a wonderful road to cruise. And I think you will find that riding is a very common way for many of us to work on and through our thoughts and thought patterns. 2 wheele therapy is very useful. As for the technical aspects of the video, what camera are you using? Editing software? Some folks on here have a great deal of knowledge in different programs and on different cameras so someone may have tips and tricks to get the most out of them. I am proficient in the adobe suite, my day job is as a graphic designer. So, if you just left blank space between two segments, premeire might have wiped it when you exported the file. I actually put a black box in the time line if I want a space.

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
I lived in LA for about 5 years during my 20's. Started riding on the street at 29 on an R1. That was a wonderful road to cruise. And I think you will find that riding is a very common way for many of us to work on and through our thoughts and thought patterns. 2 wheele therapy is very useful. As for the technical aspects of the video, what camera are you using? Editing software? Some folks on here have a great deal of knowledge in different programs and on different cameras so someone may have tips and tricks to get the most out of them. I am proficient in the adobe suite, my day job is as a graphic designer. So, if you just left blank space between two segments, premeire might have wiped it when you exported the file. I actually put a black box in the time line if I want a space.
Yeah In using adobe premier pro, and a gopro hero 7 black. I went through again and looks like it was a tiny little gap between clips. I'm definitely still learning editing. Just that one motovlog taught me a lot though. And yeah I was pretty surprised just how much riding helps me mentally. Honestly at first it was a bit stressful before I got the basics down, but now that I dont have to think so much about the basic controls and can enjoy the cruise and the scenery it's really relaxing and fun.

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
I agree, the 7-10 minute length is perfect IMO. The nice scenery, and lack of crazy editing is really good for your topic too. Keep doing what you're doing!

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
I agree, the 7-10 minute length is perfect IMO. The nice scenery, and lack of crazy editing is really good for your topic too. Keep doing what you're doing!
Thanks a ton! I think the hardest part for me right now is figuring out a topic and being concise and not rambling. I'll be adding some other shots too, once I get my gopro max I ordered. Just for the quick swaps to me from the handle bar mount pov like others suggested

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
Thanks a ton! I think the hardest part for me right now is figuring out a topic and being concise and not rambling. I'll be adding some other shots too, once I get my gopro max I ordered. Just for the quick swaps to me from the handle bar mount pov like others suggested

Lol I'm 100% the same, I ramble and stutter but with the power of editing it ain't so bad ;) I also uploaded my last two videos a week apart completely on accident, and I'm going to have to take some time to get myself a new topic ahaha

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
So I noticed one black screen skip for some reason, I cant figure out why on editor. Other than that, all advice is welcome!

I am still very jealous of the weather!

Now for pointers,

- great idea not doing too spirited on camera. Not sure about California law but being careful what is put out there is a great idea.

- there was a motorcycle study done with H-D anemone the CA universities studying the effects of riding and mental health. In a related note, if you can then you should take the MMPI. It will give you great insight into your mental health.

- there seemed to be a pop on the edit sound. I know my Adobe Premiere 2019 likes to do that and I have remember to adjust for it.

- finally I know L.A. traffic is insane! Still though, I think you will eventually build up to commuting. I watched a pursuit last week where the motorcycles won the waiting in traffic competition because they got to go to the front of the line. I can't imagine being in the interstate and waiting for an hour because someone decided to act out.

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
I am still very jealous of the weather!

Now for pointers,

- great idea not doing too spirited on camera. Not sure about California law but being careful what is put out there is a great idea.

- there was a motorcycle study done with H-D anemone the CA universities studying the effects of riding and mental health. In a related note, if you can then you should take the MMPI. It will give you great insight into your mental health.

- there seemed to be a pop on the edit sound. I know my Adobe Premiere 2019 likes to do that and I have remember to adjust for it.

- finally I know L.A. traffic is insane! Still though, I think you will eventually build up to commuting. I watched a pursuit last week where the motorcycles won the waiting in traffic competition because they got to go to the front of the line. I can't imagine being in the interstate and waiting for an hour because someone decided to act out.
How do you do the adjustment for the audio pops on cuts? I noticed that too. Thanks for the advice! And yeah that is definitely true, getting to lane split in situations like that saves you a ton of time. I just know from commuting in LA in a car still feels dangerous, every single trip to and from work (roughly 30 to 45 minutes depending on traffic) someone does something pretty dangerous. People are constantly weaving through traffic and california has some of the highest rates of accidents and death on motorcycles. Like I said ij the video to each their own, but for me I prefer the safety of a car for freeway trips. I like riding in canyons, and on low traffic streets.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
How do you do the adjustment for the audio pops on cuts? I noticed that too. Thanks for the advice! And yeah that is definitely true, getting to lane split in situations like that saves you a ton of time. I just know from commuting in LA in a car still feels dangerous, every single trip to and from work (roughly 30 to 45 minutes depending on traffic) someone does something pretty dangerous. People are constantly weaving through traffic and california has some of the highest rates of accidents and death on motorcycles. Like I said ij the video to each their own, but for me I prefer the safety of a car for freeway trips. I like riding in canyons, and on low traffic streets.
Are using Adobe?

On Adobe, there is an option under transitions for audio. It is called constant power.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Added to the forum sidebar for the month! :) Well done!

tmagness

Wannabie Member
Mar 27, 2020
Texas
I ride a
Harley Street Glide Special
Great video buddy, but i'm a noob, so I don't think that carries much weight. I've run into more issues with cameras and audio than I can count, so I'm taking time to watch other people's videos to see what they are doing. I love that scenic route you rode.

Reactions: Gemini

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Great video buddy, but i'm a noob, so I don't think that carries much weight. I've run into more issues with cameras and audio than I can count, so I'm taking time to watch other people's videos to see what they are doing. I love that scenic route you rode.
Thanks bro. If you need advice the crew here are all amazing. Even from this video, I learned how to transition edits smoother with less pops. And yeah that route is beautiful, it's one of my favorites

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts