Music Through Sena While Recording

Mjsisa

Wannabie Member
Jul 13, 2015
I ride a
KTM Duke 390
Hello, I just got my camera today and realized my music can be heard through my SENA headset. My question is, will I get fucked by copyright for uploading it? It's kind of distorted as its through my speakers in my helmet, also if I don't monetize but still upload it, is it an issue for copyright?

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
If the music is in the background, and if YouTube picks up on it, yes, it would be flagged as copyright, the video will still be available to view, but you can't monetize it.

If the music is distorted, not clear, perhaps it's better not to have it on, it might affect your video audio for those listening in to your vlog.

Prioritize the clarity of your voice/audio and minimize the background sounds if possible.

Mjsisa

Wannabie Member
Jul 13, 2015
I ride a
KTM Duke 390
If the music is in the background, and if YouTube picks up on it, yes, it would be flagged as copyright, the video will still be available to view, but you can't monetize it.

If the music is distorted, not clear, perhaps it's better not to have it on, it might affect your video audio for those listening in to your vlog.

Prioritize the clarity of your voice/audio and minimize the background sounds if possible.
You can hear my voice and engine fine, but the music bleeds through slightly, very quiet and scratchy. Thanks for the reply! It was really just a test to see if I could hear myself talking and the video was on the right angle. Not sure if I'm going to use the footage anyway. And I wasn't sure if it would pickup my music.

Reactions: SighBored

kuhlka

Wannabie Member
Jul 7, 2014
SoCal OC
youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red, 2007 Ducati 1098
You can hear my voice and engine fine, but the music bleeds through slightly, very quiet and scratchy. Thanks for the reply! It was really just a test to see if I could hear myself talking and the video was on the right angle. Not sure if I'm going to use the footage anyway. And I wasn't sure if it would pickup my music.

If there's enough wind noise and other interference, you won't have any problems. I regularly vlog in my car with music set to about 5% volume and the ambient road noise is enough to prevent people from really being able to pick out more than a few seconds of the track at a time. Even then, it's so low no one could argue it's a copyright issue.

Mo_tard

Illegal Crawfish Racing
Jun 4, 2015
St. Louis Mo
I ride a
2010 Ducati Hypermotard 796
I have the same thing, but my mic is further away, youtube has never flagged it a copyright .

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Don't bank on being out of copyright. Warner bought the rights to loads of films and flag any music in their films on YouTube, regardless of the age of the film. Also applies to TV series owned by them as well, such as the Addams Family from the 60s.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts