Music in videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckles85

Wannabie Member
Nov 9, 2011
I ride a
FZ6N
I've never done a music video, but will be, so what happens when you upload it, do you have to notify google, or does google automatically recognise the soundtrack and add the details?

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Youtube automatically recognises it.

Chances are the video will get banned in germany, but apart from that you shouldn't have a problem. Music owned by BMI (?) or Sony quite often gets blocked as well i think

MadzBiker1

Wannabie Member
Oct 24, 2011
I ride a
Aprilia RS50 ( Previous )
Yamaha YZF R125 09 ( Previous )
New bike reveal soon ;)
When i upload a video with music, I just wait and see what the information comes up like. Certain companys will be muted and you'll be offered to swap it over with some of theirs or something. I've never contacted them about it, I just wait and see what youtube says lol. Youtube will automaticly recognize the sound track.

dxeavy

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Greece
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha V-Star 1100 and a Kawasaki Z750
You will get the following message "Matched third party content."

If you click on it, you will see more details such as:

"Your video may include the following copyrighted content:

Acknowledged claims
Musical Composition administered by:
UMPG Publishing

What does this mean?
Your video is still available worldwide. In some cases ads may appear next to your video. Please note that the video's status can change, if the policies chosen by the content owners change. Learn more about copyright on YouTube.

This claim does not affect your account status."

If your video is blocked, you will see a list of the countries blocked.

YouTube will also prompt you to AudioSwap, meaning to swap the audio in your video with one of their free songs in their catalog.

downshift83

Wannabie Member
Oct 23, 2011
I ride a
2010 R1 up on 1
usually if i post a video with music, and it comes up with "will not play in USA" I'll delete it and re-edit with a different song. The last one i had do that I was using Skrillex.
If it just says germany...I'll upload to streetfire.net

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
It all depends on who owns the rights to the music. I had one that caused me to get a flag or mark against my account. They said if I got two more my account would be closed. It would be nice if they would tell you which songs you can use and which are strictly forbidden.

I don't use music anymore. The greedy music studios will no longer get free publicity from me. I only use independent music which means I use very little because its hard to find indy music that fits in with my videos.

I don't understand why music studios don't realize they can actually benefit by letting people use their music in YouTube videos.

lawman

Wannabie Member
Sep 27, 2011
Yorkshire, England
www.youtube.com
I ride a
KTM Superduke on the road and a KTM 200 EXC off the road.
I use random music found on Jamendo.com with a creative commons licence that allows me to use it as long as I credit the artist...
There is a vast amount of music on there and some little gems to be found if you have patience to listen to it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BikeFather Editing Talk 20