Multiple bikes

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Please chime in if you have more than one bike. List what you own. Maybe give your take on why, and your satisfaction or distaste for the bikes in question. I will go first. 1. Yamaha v star deluxe- bike is so good for the price point I am struggling to trade up to a better tourer. 2. Suzuki v Strom 650. Got it for the forest. Turns out it does not love deep sand. Might have the best v twin engine ever built.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I have a very customised Moto Guzzi V7, it is lovely to ride on sunny days and really feels like you are riding something when throwing it around, it has zero practicality though so I also have a Triumph Street Triple 765R [LRH] which is awesome at everything I throw at it on tarmac.... streets and track, but it can't do dirt, so I also have a Beta Alp 4.0 which is a 350cc dual sport, not mega powerful, not the lightest or the most Gucci, but it is perfect for learning to ride the dirt on my local trails :)

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
2014 HD FLHTK my daily rider.

1976 Honda CCB750 rigid frame chopper - disassembled and now a basket case. I built this out of spare parts in 1995. I may find it a new home.
1973 Honda CB750 - my first bike and daily rider from 1993 through 1999. Diassembled. Kept because it was made the same month/year I was.:p
2003 Yamaha TTR90 - bought for my children. They have outgrown it. Currently being used as a prop in my son's High School play.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
I have a very customised Moto Guzzi V7, it is lovely to ride on sunny days and really feels like you are riding something when throwing it around, it has zero practicality though so I also have a Triumph Street Triple 765R [LRH] which is awesome at everything I throw at it on tarmac.... streets and track, but it can't do dirt, so I also have a Beta Alp 4.0 which is a 350cc dual sport, not mega powerful, not the lightest or the most Gucci, but it is perfect for learning to ride the dirt on my local trails :)
I wish I had done dual sport on my second bike. But I also don't want to get rid of the Suzuki. Might need a 3rd bike

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
2009 HD Sportster XL1200N a.k.a. Michelle. Great bike for around town. Long rides require a lot more stops because of the smaller fuel tank and the toll it takes on your joints. The engine is rubber mounted but after 200 miles that doesn't really matter. Doesn't stop me though. Love this bike and I'll probably have her the rest of my life.

2001 Suzuki Savage LS650 a.k.a. Sora. Got this for my fiancee to learn on. Turned out to be a super fun little bike to ride even for me and I'm currently using it as a running project bike. Nothing big, mostly just tweaks to the look and a few performance mods to the exhaust and carb. Only draw back is not super sturdy at highway speeds -mostly keep it to back roads.

I'm on the market right now for a dual sport or dirt bike. I really want to learn to ride dirt, everytime I watch one of Hippo's Green laning videos I find myself combing the classifieds.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
2009 HD Sportster XL1200N a.k.a. Michelle. Great bike for around town. Long rides require a lot more stops because of the smaller fuel tank and the toll it takes on your joints. The engine is rubber mounted but after 200 miles that doesn't really matter. Doesn't stop me though. Love this bike and I'll probably have her the rest of my life.

2001 Suzuki Savage LS650 a.k.a. Sora. Got this for my fiancee to learn on. Turned out to be a super fun little bike to ride even for me and I'm currently using it as a running project bike. Nothing big, mostly just tweaks to the look and a few performance mods to the exhaust and carb. Only draw back is not super sturdy at highway speeds -mostly keep it to back roads.

I'm on the market right now for a dual sport or dirt bike. I really want to learn to ride dirt, everytime I watch one of Hippo's Green laning videos I find myself combing the classifieds.
Your thoughts on that engine?

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300

*The 650 engine, also, going dual sport myself. Looking at Yamaha tw 200, or klr 650

Reactions: HippoDrone

Moto Mush

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2019
I ride a
2007 Victory Vegas
2017 Kawasaki z125
2002 Harley sportster
2007 Victory Vegas used as my daily ripper and for long rides(set up with bags and a backrest that are removable)
2017 Kawasaki z125 used for wheelies and around town shenanigans
2002 Harley Sportser for traffic commuter and loaner bike for friends to ride

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Your thoughts on that engine?

Its a great thumper! Little workhorse so far and great place for my lady to learn and grow on and tons of fun for me to zip around the back roads. Tons of torque and great in corners. My only concern is safe manuvering at highway speeds, but I know that isn't what its meant for, so we limit the amount of time around big rigs and angry highway drivers. Also been a lot of fun learnig how a carb works as my Sporty is fuel injected.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Its a great thumper! Little workhorse so far and great place for my lady to learn and grow on and tons of fun for me to zip around the back roads. Tons of torque and great in corners. My only concern is safe manuvering at highway speeds, but I know that isn't what its meant for, so we limit the amount of time around big rigs and angry highway drivers. Also been a lot of fun learnig how a carb works as my Sporty is fuel injected.
Yeah, I think playing with a carb again would be cool

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Current:

1. 2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - First sports type bike (previous were naked), fully paid off end of last year, keeping it.
2. 2016 Kawasaki Z125 Pro - Mini bike, just for fun, riding about in town running errands, will use it for go-kart track soon.

Future:
Some sport touring bike, probably used one to keep the price low, purpose for long distance travel/tour primarily across the border into Thailand.. Currently having the Z1000SX in mind. The 6R can do the tour but my body probably will hurt and ache for the entire tour so not much point for that.

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
Current:

1. 2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - First sports type bike (previous were naked), fully paid off end of last year, keeping it.
2. 2016 Kawasaki Z125 Pro - Mini bike, just for fun, riding about in town running errands, will use it for go-kart track soon.

Future:
Some sport touring bike, probably used one to keep the price low, purpose for long distance travel/tour primarily across the border into Thailand.. Currently having the Z1000SX in mind. The 6R can do the tour but my body probably will hurt and ache for the entire tour so not much point for that.
Alot of the sport touring will be about rider triangle. Couple mods to fit your body and Bam! Comfort. Good luck!

Reactions: SighBored

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
At some point i had a kawasaki GPZ400R for communting and long rides.
Took it to Germany and England for vacation.

And a Honda XL600R for the fun and off-road.

Was a good combi to have, for sure.

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Got two, a small 200cc bike and a 1000cc sportbike. Keeping the first one just cause it's my first bike :) I'd love me a 400~cc sport-ish bike just for some of the commuting days. Might be lookin for an R3 or an RC390 sometimes next year. Any suggestions or comments on the bikes?

Reactions: Mr. G

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
The RC390 has had issues with overheating in the past.

Reactions: Mr. G

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
I have two. 2007 Hartford HD125L - had it 3 years as it was I had for when I only had my CBT. 2014 Honda CB500X which I brought after I passed the A2. I only paid £200 for the Hartford so it's being used a second bike as well as when we had the bad weather.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts