Moving Up From A 200cc To 1000cc Sportbike Or 600cc?

TeapotOne

Wannabie Member
Nov 15, 2017
UK
I ride a
Suzuki GSX-R1000, BMW R1200GS
I'll have a separate post tomorow or sometimes soon when i take a few good pics ;)
Glad you got the R1 bud. I appreciate I’m a bit late to the party but I wouldn’t worry in the slightest about riding a litre Sportsbike in the city. Yes they will get hot, but the R1 can take engine heat of over 128 degrees before it starts to get close to harming the engine, so unless you’re going to be riding any place majorly hot in the summer, you’ll be fine.

But as everyone has said before, the jump from 200cc to 1,000cc is HUGE, especially on an R1, so take good care.

That is a great bike mate, enjoy and stay safe

Reactions: RiderInRed

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
Glad you got the R1 bud. I appreciate I’m a bit late to the party but I wouldn’t worry in the slightest about riding a litre Sportsbike in the city. Yes they will get hot, but the R1 can take engine heat of over 128 degrees before it starts to get close to harming the engine, so unless you’re going to be riding any place majorly hot in the summer, you’ll be fine.

But as everyone has said before, the jump from 200cc to 1,000cc is HUGE, especially on an R1, so take good care.

That is a great bike mate, enjoy and stay safe
Thank you so much for the response man! It is a great bike and I'm now a very very proud owner! Haven't ridden it too much since the season was close when I bought it, but next year is looking extremely exciting! I am a very reasonable rider and driver so I think i'll be fine! I spent 1-2 years of practice on the car before I even went out on the public roads, not that I couldn't drive well or learn fast, but I wanted to know what to do in extreme situations, etc. so yeah. I should be good

Reactions: TeapotOne

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts