Motovlog Facebook

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
There's been quite a few new members of late, did you all know we have a Facebook page as well?

Nearly at 1000 page likes at the moment, do you want to pop over and help us pass the milestone?

https://www.facebook.com/motovlog/

I just invited every rider I have as friends on Facebook. Sure they ride but they don't motovlog nor am I sure they really understand everything that goes into it...

Reactions: HippoDrone

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Should I [LIKE] from all five of my facebook accounts, or just the one related to motovlogging?
Like from as many as you feel necessary!

I'm not trying to artificially get it to 1000, just a reminder for members that it does exist!

Reactions: R-Rated

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Won’t happen. The known groups are littered with “watch my shit”
I've tried on MotoSocial to instigate discussions and banter, etc but no one seems to be interested that often so I tend to do what the others do and just self promote. I have found some new channels to watch from it though so I guess it works kinda.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
From my perspective, I believe this setup is a good mix of banter, education, debate, and sh1t's watching. Why?

Seems like folks I run into locally forget or don't care there is a whole world out there and they are just a small part. I hate to delve too far into politics but it seems some riders around where I live are not just drinking the koolaid that true bikers only do X or ride X or whatever X - a few are standing in line for another serving.

So I get one here to see that a rider from another part of the world not only has sh1t to watch but also sees things similar and has the same frustration and joy from riding.

Maybe if more of these local folks would take time to look around beyond their own little bubbles they would see we are all more alike than different.

Sorry to soapbox but it was getting a bit dusty...I do look forward to summer for the southern hemisphere riders and seeing their take on things.

Reactions: HippoDrone

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Generally I find posts stating "Admin <this> or Admin <that>" quite annoying on any page/media, I just can't see the point of people referring to themselves in 3rd person, I feel like they are nincompoops or some self-entitled arse. I never do that on my own page, I just word it differently so that it doesn't require to refer to myself as "Admin" or whatever.

A way to get more attention is to feature motovlog how-to/tips, interesting motovlogs from members (does not necessarily be a top-poster) or non-members (you can tag the non-member about the feature), brush up that page banner and profile logo.

People that are not in the forum will have no clue what dafuq is "Sunny Bear" and probably won't bother to find out, so you want to keep your posts to cater to the general public, or at least mention it's a contest or something so people have some sort of an idea.

I am by no means a social media guru, just sharing my point of view on this. No offense to anyone or any Admin. :)

Reactions: Ironside

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts