Not open for further replies.

reQunix

Wannabie Member
Aug 30, 2011
Cape Town, South Africa
youtube.com
I ride a
2011 Harley-Davidson Crossbones; 2006 Honda VFR 800
I'm having a gander at possible microphone options and finding it hard to guess what will work. I would just get a few and see what works but at about R1,800 a pop ($300) that won't fly.

Perhaps I can get some feedback from the community what they use or have found to work. I have ordered a Drift HD, which comes with a 2.5mm external mic jack, but I have the added obstacle of riding with an open-face helmet half the time. If the gods grace me with some good luck I may manage to find something that will block out at least some of the wind noise under my bandana/Buff/face mask.

If seen things like the Shure Wl184, which is a Supercardioid mic with a 115 deg directional pickup, but it has a some kind of 4-pin connector which is intended for the wireless transmitter packs.

I'm in South Africa and things are kind of hard to come by in the 3rd world, so perhaps any suggestions of what I should be searching for. I have no issue importing something if I know it will work, but as it's quite a mission I don't want to risk it based on limited information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts