Microphone options Rode Wireless

CBDYNA

Wannabie Member
Aug 10, 2021
I ride a
Motorcycle Cruiser
Hello,
Have a Rode Wireless II connected to a Go Pro and looking for guidance on a hardwired mic setup from the Rode wireless II into a modular and sometimes a half helmet. I see Rode sells a lav mic, but was thinking of a TRS or TRRS (Whatever Rode standard is) to a flexible gaming type mic.

I suppose what I am imagining overall is hardwiring a flexible mic (The kind you see on a bluetooth) from the rode wireless into the Modular and sometimes half, but Rode does not appear to offer that "flexible mic piece option".

Appreciate any help.

CBDYNA

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I used a Purple Panda lav mic, which I taped to the boom of my wife's SENA unit inside her helmet, and then ran the cord down to her jacket, where I plugged it into the RODE transmitter. That seemed to work well. The transmitter was too big to fit inside her helmet, and I didn't want to make her any more uncomfortable.

I bundled up the lav mic's cord behind the padding in her helmet, too.

-John

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Hello,
Have a Rode Wireless II connected to a Go Pro and looking for guidance on a hardwired mic setup from the Rode wireless II into a modular and sometimes a half helmet. I see Rode sells a lav mic, but was thinking of a TRS or TRRS (Whatever Rode standard is) to a flexible gaming type mic.

I suppose what I am imagining overall is hardwiring a flexible mic (The kind you see on a bluetooth) from the rode wireless into the Modular and sometimes half, but Rode does not appear to offer that "flexible mic piece option".

Appreciate any help.

CBDYNA

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I have been using a wearable stage mic this year. I think the quality is fine, and it has the bendy rod, that holds the mic, plus the mic is designed to be close to the mouth. The downside is, it has a long wire. So because i tucked the microphone behind my padding, I carry the wire always with me, even when not recording.

Riderguide

Neil - The Rider Guider
Feb 24, 2019
South Australia
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Yamaha Tenere 700 T7
I've just done a video of my set up with the Rode Wireless Go 2 and Insta360. I tether the mic/furrycat to my jacket zip and just push it up in to my chin piece after I put my helmet on (but this is a full face lid) ... keeps it wire free. Works a treat although I'm sure I can improve the performance once I've got time to play with the settings more. See the latest video on my YT about wireless dual motovlog chat.

Reactions: YBGuy and Drakhen99

AlanSmith7

Wannabie Member
Aug 17, 2020
I ride a
Suzuki Hayabusa
Harley Davidson Dyna Fatbob
I used many microphones and can suggest to you the best product. But choose the one which can easily adjust with your helmet. Because sometimes these products can’t fit in your helmet and cause problems. So choose this wisely.

Renee MARR

Middle Age Road Rage
Aug 8, 2022
CA
I ride a
GOLDWING, Road King, Dyna Street Bob, Gixxer
I used a Purple Panda lav mic, which I taped to the boom of my wife's SENA unit inside her helmet, and then ran the cord down to her jacket, where I plugged it into the RODE transmitter. That seemed to work well. The transmitter was too big to fit inside her helmet, and I didn't want to make her any more uncomfortable.

I bundled up the lav mic's cord behind the padding in her helmet, too.

-John
I just got one and have to figure it out…good to know you’ve had success

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts