Serious Me and a couple of other motovloggers may be in for it!

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I am heading out in two days to meet @scooterwuf and then we meet @LoneWolfer for a trip to Laconia 2023 for the 100th anniversary. We planned on making a mockumentary series about The Turd Wolf while there.

Some recent events for each of has us thinking we might have gotten more than we bargained for. Add to that the Canadian wildfire smoke hitting the northeast US.

Check out this brief summary of the challenges so far.

Should we bin the whole thing or go for broke? If we survive then @Drakhen99 will have a great interview as I plan on meeting him on my way back.

motonomad

Wannabie Member
May 20, 2023
Chiang Mai, Thailand
I ride a
Yamaha MT-03
The lone wolves forming a pact to hunt the turd wolf. Love it, lol! I'm quite lucky to not have run into any problems with my bike thus far *knocks on wood*. If we ride fast enough, surely we can avoid the turd wolf curse?

Awesome video btw, love the harley. Sure glad I'm not still In Canada right now. In 2021 we left Thailand to go back to Canada. We escaped "burning season" (here in the north of Thailand, farmers burn their crops prior to the new harvest - and random wildfires are lit to intensify mushroom growth). We got to Canada in February. Couple months later, the whole country was on fire. The Air Quality Index in the city I was living in (Kelowna, BC) was the worst in the world- beating Surat, India. We also had record breaking heat within BC. One city broke 50 degrees celcius. A week later, that city ceased to exist (was completely burned down - Lytton, BC, RIP). Looks like the fires this year, especially how bad the fires are, this early, will be the worst we have ever had. At least the new carbon tax will surely help :p

• Wow
Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
The lone wolves forming a pact to hunt the turd wolf. Love it, lol! I'm quite lucky to not have run into any problems with my bike thus far *knocks on wood*. If we ride fast enough, surely we can avoid the turd wolf curse?

Awesome video btw, love the harley. Sure glad I'm not still In Canada right now. In 2021 we left Thailand to go back to Canada. We escaped "burning season" (here in the north of Thailand, farmers burn their crops prior to the new harvest - and random wildfires are lit to intensify mushroom growth). We got to Canada in February. Couple months later, the whole country was on fire. The Air Quality Index in the city I was living in (Kelowna, BC) was the worst in the world- beating Surat, India. We also had record breaking heat within BC. One city broke 50 degrees celcius. A week later, that city ceased to exist (was completely burned down - Lytton, BC, RIP). Looks like the fires this year, especially how bad the fires are, this early, will be the worst we have ever had. At least the new carbon tax will surely help :p
Yeah, it is nuts. I heard that 50% of the Canadian wildfires are human caused and the climate change is making it more likely to burn bigger. Then the smoke releases more carbon which then helps trap more heat in the atmosphere and it turns into a feedback loop.

What a mess.

Thanks for the complement on the bike. Hopefully it survives the curse.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Today is prep day for me. Out running a few last minute things when I see this -
SmartSelect_20230609-085630_YT Studio.jpg

Talk about spooky! Now he has had two negative things happen.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
Man I haven't been to Laconia bike week for like 12 years, it's been awhile. Ride safe and have fun!

• Love

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I think maybe the Turd Wolf is testing us, putting us through our paces with theses challenges to strip away our civilian core and to come out as bad ass riders.

- Wolf

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I will just because everything in the world seems to try and stops you guys you should continue.
Once going there is very little that can stop it from continue to keep going.
It shall be an adventure of a lifetime.

• Love

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I will just because everything in the world seems to try and stops you guys you should continue.
Once going there is very little that can stop it from continue to keep going.
It shall be an adventure of a lifetime.
Very true. Thank you for the encouragement!

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
And of COURSE @R-Rated brought the Turd Wolf home with him... I hadn't charged my comms system, so it died halfway through our ride together! BUT, we still had a great time with no real mishaps, so I'll take the win.

Got some great footage and great banter on camera, so I'm happy.

-John

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Died died, or the battery died? On one of our last nights in New Hampshire we had four devices set up to record our last dinner together. Three out of the four all had some kind of mishap and failed to record the meal.

That was definitely the Turd Wolf.

- Wolf

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Died died, or the battery died? On one of our last nights in New Hampshire we had four devices set up to record our last dinner together. Three out of the four all had some kind of mishap and failed to record the meal.

That was definitely the Turd Wolf.

- Wolf
Just the battery died. It was the only thing I didn't charge that morning, and I thought it had plenty of charge. Oops.

I will say, though, that the dual mic setup worked well and picked up @R-Rated 's voice just fine in most cases. Basically anything under 45mph. Otherwise, he was talking quietly LOL.

-John

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
Just the battery died. It was the only thing I didn't charge that morning, and I thought it had plenty of charge. Oops.

I will say, though, that the dual mic setup worked well and picked up @R-Rated 's voice just fine in most cases. Basically anything under 45mph. Otherwise, he was talking quietly LOL.

-John
Two words John - hearing aids.

• Haha
Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Two words John - hearing aids.
I was thinking today about getting some, if they can filter out the noises children make and my tinnitus.

Then I wondered if my insurance would cover them.

Then I wondered how much they cost.

Then I got distracted and forgot all about it until just now.

-John

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
I was thinking today about getting some, if they can filter out the noises children make and my tinnitus.

Then I wondered if my insurance would cover them.

Then I wondered how much they cost.

Then I got distracted and forgot all about it until just now.

-John
I know you had ear plugs which made me think I keep seeing am ad for earpeace. An earplug that filters out wind noise only and brags it allows the user to hear their comms and radio at lowers volume.

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
I know you had ear plugs which made me think I keep seeing am ad for earpeace. An earplug that filters out wind noise only and brags it allows the user to hear their comms and radio at lowers volume.
Oh, I could hear you fine - my level on my 2nd mic, which picks up the comms speaker audio, was low.

Most of the video, you can hear yourself just fine. While we were riding, I heard you just fine.

-John

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts