Mr fish

It's not what , it's how
Dec 18, 2014
London
I ride a
Honda CB500X
Good deed, good karma ;)

But the lorry didn't stop did it?

Yes the lorry did stop .. i spoke to the driver (a dutch guy) in broken english he said about avoiding the slow bike and didn't see the bmw ..he actually said he hardly felt it but saw all the bits and smoke in the mirrors

TheDutchTexan

Wannabie Member
Jul 2, 2013
I ride a
bicycle...
It's a good thing you stopped and helped when you could. Also, you where wearing the right gear too!

Reactions: Mr fish

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Yes the lorry did stop .. i spoke to the driver (a dutch guy) in broken english he said about avoiding the slow bike and didn't see the bmw ..he actually said he hardly felt it but saw all the bits and smoke in the mirrors

A dutch guy even.
The slow bike was a bit hard to see on camera, but it was the main starter of this event?
Hope he has stopped as well.

Thank god everyone was alright.

Mr fish

It's not what , it's how
Dec 18, 2014
London
I ride a
Honda CB500X
A dutch guy even.
The slow bike was a bit hard to see on camera, but it was the main starter of this event?
Hope he has stopped as well.

Thank god everyone was alright.

No the bike probably didn't even know ... biker would have started the chain of events in a way you're right but remember i moved out a lane before the crash and i was a lot further back so the lorry driver didn't see him for some reason ....the go pro tends to only pick up what is nearer ...the lorry driver said he saw the bike late ...the bike should have commanded the road better

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
This is why I think there should be tighter regulation on the minimum speed on the motorways.

While it's no substitute for correct observation and paying attention, you just don't expect certain vehicles to be going slowly. Nearly caught myself out with that one, came up on a car doing 40mph on a free flowing quiet motorway and had to brake. I was planning to move out but hadn't picked up on the speed of the car and because there was a car coming up in lane 2, I had to heavily brake.

You expect that large vehicles will be going slow, but not other traffic. Anything less than 60mph and you're not a commercial vehicle and you're a liability.

Mr fish

It's not what , it's how
Dec 18, 2014
London
I ride a
Honda CB500X
I agree I have had more problems with vehicles too slow that too fast on the uk motorways ..Mainly middle lane dwellers ..the inside can be dangerous for bikes because of the lorry tracks (especially in the rain) ...but i find most bikers anticipate better because we read further up the road

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Well, we can see further up the road, how many people properly read the road is another matter!

Had a conversation about motorway forward planning with my rospa tutor yesterday.

CrimsnBkRR

Wannabie Member
Oct 14, 2015
I ride a
1990 Honda CBR250RR
Great job man. When you approached the car all I could think was SPRINT!!!! ARE THEY OKAY!!!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts