Lost Subscribers

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
This week I've notice that I've lost 2 subscribers. Not a lot, but when you are trying to grow your channel, it is. I know I haven't posted anything lately (the winter weather isn't helping), but as far as I know I haven't done anything controversial to warrant an unsub.

I still feel I'm new to this, so is this common, or should I be concerned?

- Wuf

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Not at all. People come and go, some people delete their YouTube accounts too. Worry if you have a high percentage going. Some folk will sub on the basis of just one video, and they never watch the rest of yoir content.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Deleted accounts is a good point. I try and publish weekly to keep a steady flow. But I'm in the posititon where the weather is hit and miss all year round. But as you've said there isn't anything that you can do about it. I think its just a case of being patient and keep going

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
Not to worry about, but keep an eye on the statistics, i've noticed that mondays and tuesdays are when more subs i get (1-3) and weekends when i dont get any, it's weird, so i decided to upload new clips on midweek

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I would say, DO NOT keep an eye on it at all. Just keep doing what you do, and react to actual feedback/comments to improve or adjust your content or such.. Subs come and go, you can't tell exactly why they subbed, or why they unsubbed, so don't be worried about it.

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I would say, DO NOT keep an eye on it at all. Just keep doing what you do, and react to actual feedback/comments to improve or adjust your content or such.. Subs come and go, you can't tell exactly why they subbed, or why they unsubbed, so don't be worried about it.
I second SighBored's recommendation. Focus on viewer interaction, what they want to see and what they hated. If nobody says anything in your video comments, you can always initiate it by asking people what they would like to watch at the end of every video so that they know you are open to feedback.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Subscribers are a weird thing.
You won’t know most of them. The more you get the less they will interact and it won’t really effect your views as much as you think.
Just because someone clicks the subscribe button is no guarantee that they will watch future videos.
You also find that they grow and shrink for no reason.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
Yea, I kinda hate my subscribe metric. I have 1.3k subscribers but my videos on average only get like 300-500 views.

On the other hand, my friend has a very loyal following. 1.4k subs and average 1.3k views on all his videos.

Its not the amount of subscribers you have, but the quality. Personally I'd be fine with ditching 300 of my subs if it meant the rest all watched my videos earnestly lol.

Reactions: HippoDrone

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Focus on views and comments if anything.

The way YouTube works if they’ll show you stuff that’s related to your Last views etc anyway.

People delete channels / accounts
People sub in error
YouTube sweeps fake accounts more often than you think
People get bored

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts