Looking For Music

AdityaS

Wannabie Member
Aug 23, 2014
Mumbai, India.
I ride a
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
I use the Free Music Archive a lot for music. Takes quite a bit of time to find a tune that matches the mood of the video I want to match it to though, don't think there is any easy way to go about that. Check out this artist called Jahzzar over on the website, I've almost always found what I'm looking for among his work.

Wanderlust

Wanderlust8760 - A German Motovlogger on Youtube
Jan 18, 2015
I ride a
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300 SE
I use the Free Music Archive a lot for music. Takes quite a bit of time to find a tune that matches the mood of the video I want to match it to though, don't think there is any easy way to go about that. Check out this artist called Jahzzar over on the website, I've almost always found what I'm looking for among his work.
I used that site for my latest video. It's really hard to find what you're looking for, but on the other hand they are covering every genre you could imagine. Thanks for the tip!

Wanderlust

Jan 18, 2015
I ride a
I like instrumentals for videos, thus no lyrics are going to overlap your voice.

Agree. I'll never use songs with lyrics in my videos. Music should be more like thing in the background, but the attention should be on my talking.

Wanderlust

Jan 18, 2015
I ride a
I've discovered the hard way not to use freeplaymusic.com ... bunch of crooks :mad: !
What happened? Did you get a copyright infringement?

RoninK6

Rogue Samurai
May 14, 2014
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.A.
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2006 Suzuki GSX-R600K6
What happened? Did you get a copyright infringement?
No, freeplaymusic and other sites let you use their music so that they can monetize your videos and make money off of them :mad: ... and it's not just them, the same song can show up in different "music clearinghouse" catalogs, so others may end up making money off of the video, too ~_~ . Basically, the license you get is baloney because you don't own the music you're using - you're just getting permission to use it.....

...so now I'm using music that won't typically show up on YouTube's song recognition algorithm, like songs from China, etc., because we all know how much China appreciates copyright systems :D :p ;) ~.....

(but no, no copyright strikes yet :) ~)

Wanderlust

Jan 18, 2015
I ride a
No, freeplaymusic and other sites let you use their music so that they can monetize your videos and make money off of them :mad: ... and it's not just them, the same song can show up in different "music clearinghouse" catalogs, so others may end up making money off of the video, too ~_~ . Basically, the license you get is baloney because you don't own the music you're using - you're just getting permission to use it.....

...so now I'm using music that won't typically show up on YouTube's song recognition algorithm, like songs from China, etc., because we all know how much China appreciates copyright systems :D :p ;) ~.....

(but no, no copyright strikes yet :) ~)

Say what? This is bulls***... I can't believe what I'm reading. This makes me question if I'm going to use music any longer in my videos. I don't want anybody but me to make money out of my work!

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Well if you're using someone else's music, aren't you making money out of someone else's work?

Just playing devil's advocate here ;)

Wanderlust

Jan 18, 2015
I ride a
Well if you're using someone else's music, aren't you making money out of someone else's work?

Just playing devil's advocate here ;)

If I monetize my videos, that's true, but I'm not allowing Youtube to play adverts before my videos anymore. So I don't want anybody else to monetize my video!

Reactions: RoninK6

RoninK6

Rogue Samurai
May 14, 2014
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2006 Suzuki GSX-R600K6
If I monetize my videos, that's true, but I'm not allowing Youtube to play adverts before my videos anymore. So I don't want anybody else to monetize my video!
The only way you know if you have an ad is if you get one of those "matched third party content" warnings beside a video in your video manager... then you know you'll get an ad on your vlog :( . At first I didn't see any, but then the website I mentioned above started getting their songs to YouTube at a pretty good clip... now most match their music ~_~ (and other clearing houses >_> ). You can either contest the dispute, saying that you have a license, etc... which I did once, but it doesn't work :( - the man wants his money >< ! So really all you can do is acknowledge it and be done over with it ~_~ .....

Nice, huh :D ?

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
Even if you say you don;t want them monetised, YouTube will still enable it and give the proceeds to your music creator if they make a claim.

Wanderlust

Jan 18, 2015
I ride a
Nice, what a great outlook. I guess, if it happens I'll have to live with it. As long as I don't get a copyright strike it's acceptable, although I'm not okay with it.

RoninK6

Rogue Samurai
May 14, 2014
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2006 Suzuki GSX-R600K6
So the lesson of the day is that you have to be your own quality one-man band and create your own music with your own software in order to put anything that's not made by someone else (unless you can use it freely/with permission without any strings attached) for entertainment purposes on YouTube. But then again... wait :eek: ! Does the license on the software you use allow you to upload what you create onto YouTube :eek: ??! What if that jingle supplied with the software is copyrighted :eek: ??? So many questions, so few answers ~_~ .....

*Please read this eight page binding license/user agreement that only a lawyer can decipher and hit 'Agree'*

Sign of the times ~_~ .....

/rant

HeresDave

Wannabie Member
Nov 27, 2014
I ride a
BMW R1200GSA
I use Free Music Archive and have been able to strike up relationships with bands from there. Think of cross promotional opportunities that benefit both you and the musician, then reach out to them. I've got a couple groups to turn to if I need a bespoke track. Great way to get exposure for you both.

SwissMotard

The Swiss Motard
Sep 19, 2014
I ride a
Triumph Street Triple
So the lesson of the day is that you have to be your own quality one-man band and create your own music with your own software in order to put anything that's not made by someone else (unless you can use it freely/with permission without any strings attached) for entertainment purposes on YouTube. But then again... wait :eek: ! Does the license on the software you use allow you to upload what you create onto YouTube :eek: ??! What if that jingle supplied with the software is copyrighted :eek: ??? So many questions, so few answers ~_~ .....

*Please read this eight page binding license/user agreement that only a lawyer can decipher and hit 'Agree'*

Sign of the times ~_~ .....

/rant
Or let your exhaust be your soundtrack :D

Wanderlust

Jan 18, 2015
I ride a
I use Free Music Archive and have been able to strike up relationships with bands from there. Think of cross promotional opportunities that benefit both you and the musician, then reach out to them. I've got a couple groups to turn to if I need a bespoke track. Great way to get exposure for you both.

Great idea. Maybe I should just communicate with possible bands and avoid danger that way. Thanks for pointing it out to me. I haven't thought about it before! *facepalm

Reactions: HeresDave

HeresDave

Wannabie Member
Nov 27, 2014
I ride a
BMW R1200GSA
Great idea. Maybe I should just communicate with possible bands and avoid danger that way. Thanks for pointing it out to me. I haven't thought about it before! *facepalm
It's the way to go, for sure! I hope it works well for you, too!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts