Long way around

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
If you have seen it I would love your opinion of it. I both enjoyed and disliked it. I liked the idea and the segment of riding it helped promote. I disliked that they were given bikes, the bikes did not hold up, and yet are wildly popular because of the show. Your opinion?

Reactions: LoneWolfer

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Pretty old show, think there is rumours that they are going to do a third in the series. I enjoyed the whole thing, it was a show on the telly, so it was funded, as they all are. The bikes were also heavily modified compared to what us plebs can buy. I heard the KTM turned them down which is why they asked BMW. The rumours on the third series suggest that Triumph may be involved this time!

Reactions: Mr. G

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I enjoyed the show. I don't have any issue with them getting sponsered by BMW, KTM was their first choice but KTM didn't want to donate bikes because they were concerned the guys wouldn't make it. Not a lot of faith in their bikes it seems. As for the bikes holding up, well, they are machines and machines have issues in those types of environments and they don't last forever. I liked this first series more than Long Way Down. The second series didn't have the grit or the newness that Long Way Round had.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
the second series also felt far more set up too

YES! It really did especially with showing the whole VISA/passport issues ahead of time. KInd of ruined the spontinaity of the journey by showing far too much behind the scenes planning and deal making. But I would totally watch a third installment if they pull it together. Like a trip from Canada to Down to Chili. I wish I could do that myself one day.

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I have watched Long way round and Long way down. I believe I enjoyed the first one more. I even translated the series to my GF, as she does not really understand English.
My favorite bit of the first series was, when an old Russian man was trying to lure the stars to drinking with him. Obviously there was language barrier and they did not understand what he wanted. So the old man used a gesture, known in Eastern parts of Europe, and Russia - flicking his throat. The stars though he wanted them to shave. :D

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I now see why you are asking.... looking forward to your vids mate! :)

CBRHoonigan

#1 Hoonigan
Apr 20, 2014
West yorkshire uk
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Anything with 2 wheels, ride it like you stole it.
I really enjoyed them both, although i didnt enjoy the success of all the mini ewans and charlies running round on there Gs1200s acting like they go off roading when they go over some leafs xD

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
I really enjoyed them both, although i didnt enjoy the success of all the mini ewans and charlies running round on there Gs1200s acting like they go off roading when they go over some leafs xD
Hmn...

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts