Live Stream

mykb93

Do the math!
Jun 27, 2012
USA
I ride a
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
Has anyone tried to have a live stream running as they are riding?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
A member who stopped vlogging (or is on a long break from it) tried it, he found the video feed was barely watchable when he had good signal, and unwatchable out on the open road. I'd possibly be inclined to not live stream on a bike even if the video quality wasn't an issue, as if you were to have a crash or a legal indiscretion it could upset your loved ones, or incriminate yourself with a date and time and future location should the police not like what you are upto. I also have to cut so much out of my vlogs, for me a live stream would not be great for my viewers. I know some folk are great at recording a whole vlog without cuts or gaps or umms and ahhs, or coughs, sniffs and burps.... but I am not hahahaha :D

mykb93

Do the math!
Jun 27, 2012
USA
I ride a
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
I basically live in Washington DC so it would be more of a "virtual tour" of the city. I was only going to stream from my phone so I can still chat through my headset and show the monuments and things as I go to them. Basically a free trip to the Nations Capital.

I do know what you mean by crashing and legal and all that stuff but I gave my hooligan card back about 15 years ago.

Reactions: HippoDrone

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
IF ou're looking to do a tour style vlog, it would be better to have the highest quality video to edit together to show the best parts of a ride in an area. And breaking it up in digestable chucks is a huge plas as many people don't want to watch or have the time to watch a super long video of an entire trip. Save live streaming for specific moments like a live event, answering questions, live unboxing or the like. I personally haven't ever done one but I don't have enough subscribers to bother. Might try it on instagram though this weekend on my trip up to New Hampshire.

Reactions: mykb93

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I did a 360 live stream a while back for a short distance. @RiderInRed was correct in his assessment at the time of the poor quality.

Seems mobile networks are not up to handling all that bitrate needed to capture all the movement and I don't have a LAN cable long enough to ride any place. :rolleyes:

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I did a 360 live stream a while back for a short distance. @RiderInRed was correct in his assessment at the time of the poor quality.

Seems mobile networks are not up to handling all that bitrate needed to capture all the movement and I don't have a LAN cable long enough to ride any place. :rolleyes:

Now I have an idea to get a mini bike, a stupid long LAN cable and build a dirt track around my house!

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
I've done livestreams but those are usually of me playing video games and talking bikes lol. Never tried it out on the roads for a few reasons:
A. You don't always have good internet
B. Part of the fun of a livestream is people interacting with you and you really don't wanna be reading comments while out riding.

Reactions: R-Rated

mykb93

Do the math!
Jun 27, 2012
USA
I ride a
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
I've done livestreams but those are usually of me playing video games and talking bikes lol. Never tried it out on the roads for a few reasons:
A. You don't always have good internet
B. Part of the fun of a livestream is people interacting with you and you really don't wanna be reading comments while out riding.
The interacting part shouldn't be too hard... hahah... I mean who doesn't read texts and vlog and ride for their lives in one of the busiest traffic cities in America? I mean at the end of the day, I can only die once... right? (Just Kidding)

bphoenix38

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2019
Southern Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2013 Can Am Spyder RS
I've done some research on this too and it seems like the technology just isn't there to make it worth it. I know Walterrific has done it, but even he's run into technical issues. I just leave my live streaming to Twitch. When the technology is there I'll look into live streaming on the bike again.

FloridaMan

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2018
Polk County, Florida
I ride a
Boulevard s83 & Boulevard s40
I thought about doing this. Thought it would be cool to have like a subscriber or patreon be able to have a one on one conversation with me while I ride, be like the viewer is riding backpack with me and can talk and tell me which turns to take etc. And if not one on one, but open to everyone I could be on the phone with someone that reads off all the comments to me for me to be able to respond without having to read them. However the cell service isn't there for it. Even in town I lose service on my phone. Half the time I don't have cell service at my house.

RiderInRed

The guy who rides in red
Jun 2, 2016
Armenia
www.vms-studio.com
I ride a
MV Agusta F3, Yamaha R1
The interacting part shouldn't be too hard... hahah... I mean who doesn't read texts and vlog and ride for their lives in one of the busiest traffic cities in America? I mean at the end of the day, I can only die once... right? (Just Kidding)
You can technically die once, but you can be "edged" for quite awhile before you finally die. Shit's painful yo!

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
As mentioned by others, the quality is what really kills it. There are ways to get over this, but do you want to carry a Wireless router with external antennae around on your bike, totally possible though :)

mykb93

Do the math!
Jun 27, 2012
USA
I ride a
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
My buddy races and streams his races live from his bike. I'm not sure if you have to be friends with him to view it but here he is highsiding a couple weeks at at VIR while leading the race. He just keeps his phone in his suit and streams live through his GoPro. This track is in the middle of nowhere too.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
The idea seems good on paper but as others have mentioned there is a safety issues as well as technical issues. Premises187 gave it ago and to say the audio was unusable is an understatement

Reactions: HippoDrone

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts