Lifting / gains under lockdown

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Figured I would start this thread here for all the guys wanting to discuss what they are doing while under lockdown to stay in shape.

I have some small gym equipment including a stationary bike, cables and dumbbells. I miss bench pressing squatting and dead lifting though. How about you guys? Any recommendations for cardio?

Reactions: HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Figured I would start this thread here for all the guys wanting to discuss what they are doing while under lockdown to stay in shape.

I have some small gym equipment including a stationary bike, cables and dumbbells. I miss bench pressing squatting and dead lifting though. How about you guys? Any recommendations for cardio?
I share your pain dude. As I said in the other post was well into building for comp in 2021.

Ive had to beg borrow and steal just to get a basic bench, a York bar and maybe 70kg weights, couple of adjustable DB and a set of heavy resistance bands.

Don't know your situation however can't beat simply getting a run outside for benefit both physically and mentally. Alternatively a good LIIT can get a good sweat going and get the metabolism firing.

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
I share your pain dude. As I said in the other post was well into building for comp in 2021.

Ive had to beg borrow and steal just to get a basic bench, a York bar and maybe 70kg weights, couple of adjustable DB and a set of heavy resistance bands.

Don't know your situation however can't beat simply getting a run outside for benefit both physically and mentally. Alternatively a good LIIT can get a good sweat going and get the metabolism firing.
I watched some stuff recently about calisthenics, but not sure if that is the way to go. I'm mostly tying to lower my body fat still (I'm around 15% shooting for 10 to 12) but I want to increase my chest shoulders and biceps mass. I've been on a pretty low calorie high protein diet, eating only home cooked food, with carbs only at dinner, as well as protein shakes. About 1500 to 2000 calories a day right now, I'm 5' 10" and about 160 currently

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I watched some stuff recently about calisthenics, but not sure if that is the way to go. I'm mostly tying to lower my body fat still (I'm around 15% shooting for 10 to 12) but I want to increase my chest shoulders and biceps mass. I've been on a pretty low calorie high protein diet, eating only home cooked food, with carbs only at dinner, as well as protein shakes. About 1500 to 2000 calories a day right now, I'm 5' 10" and about 160 currently
Getting to 15% is an achievement in itself dude. When we get to that level it's like when you get to big lift amounts, each further increase or in this case decrease will be in tiny incriments.

Can always try and see with calisthenics. What is ultimate aim?

Am sure you are already doing this but remember importance of refeed meals. Again I can only talk from my experience and every day is a school day, there is no one plan suits all (despite what the Internet says).

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I'm a fan of hiking. I am lucky in the fact that I have town land with trails right behind my house and multiple state parks within 15 minutes drive from my place as well. I'm not the kind of hiker who stays on the trails much of the time though. I scramble up rocks, climb trees, and do hill climbs as I am going to engage as many muscle groups as possible.

I also invested in a hex bar over the winter. I am a high school wrestling coach and wanted it to help get better form out of my athletes and help mine as my knees aren't what they used ty be. Got it off of amazon and it is excellent so far.

And for my athletes, I started an instagram feed of daily pushups to start the day, and different types so that they can follow along and impliment them into their workouts at home (as they are all supposed to be doing that in the off season). Been a great way to keep interacting with them in the off season as well as this unprecidented time we are living thru. In the past I have been able to go see them participate in the sports they do in other seasons, but that obviously isn't happening this spring. I do miss getting out to Rugby and baseballs games and cheering them on, but hopefully that will happen again soon.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I don't mind a wander in the hills, of which I am blessed being in the Highlands of Scotland.

Hex bar is a great bit of kit for all levels of lifter and yeah press ups are a great way to start the day. Variation is key.

Reactions: LoneWolfer

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I push my bike around the house every few days :D

Hey that would work... Adapt and overcome.

Those who follow my insta page will have seen me using the wife and kids are weights for squatting and pressing.

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Yeah there are a lot of hiking trails and both me and fiancee love hiking. We hiked to the hollywood sign, but we took the hardest trail to get there by mistake. We toughed it out, but that trail kicked our ass. We took the paved tourist trail to get back to the bottom and then Ubered to our car lol. Easily worth it still and a great workout. I would hike more but everything us closed here in Cali including beaches and trails.

I dont really have ultimate goals, I just want to enjoy how I look. Bigger more defined arms and chest, a 6 pack that I can see without flexing (probably gonna be there hardest part. I have the top 4 abs when i flex them but not flexing only can make them out in the right light, or when pumped) I dont really care about my weight, whatever it is is just a number to me. So really I think 10 to 12 % body fat would be good with some more muscle. I'm naturally skinny, I weighed in at 140 and 8% body fat senior year in high school, I was a wrestler. I'm 28 now and my metabolism has slowed a bit, borderline "skinny fat" I was around 18% when I started working out again and have lost a good amount of fat mostly through cardio and nutrition, but I still need to lose more belly fat and gain more muscle

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Yeah there are a lot of hiking trails and both me and fiancee love hiking. We hiked to the hollywood sign, but we took the hardest trail to get there by mistake. We toughed it out, but that trail kicked our ass. We took the paved tourist trail to get back to the bottom and then Ubered to our car lol. Easily worth it still and a great workout. I would hike more but everything us closed here in Cali including beaches and trails.

I dont really have ultimate goals, I just want to enjoy how I look. Bigger more defined arms and chest, a 6 pack that I can see without flexing (probably gonna be there hardest part. I have the top 4 abs when i flex them but not flexing only can make them out in the right light, or when pumped) I dont really care about my weight, whatever it is is just a number to me. So really I think 10 to 12 % body fat would be good with some more muscle. I'm naturally skinny, I weighed in at 140 and 8% body fat senior year in high school, I was a wrestler. I'm 28 now and my metabolism has slowed a bit, borderline "skinny fat" I was around 18% when I started working out again and have lost a good amount of fat mostly through cardio and nutrition, but I still need to lose more belly fat and gain more muscle
Realistic goals mate. Anything is possible.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I have a bedroom dedicated to just exercise equipment. I have a full cage with safety bars and a bench with more weights than I can lift, lol.

I don't have any goals to be a huge strongman or anything, I just lift once or twice a week because I enjoy it. Mostly compound lifts, I rarely do isolation stuff like tricep kicks or even barbell curls. Deadlifts, squats, bench, military press, dips, chinups, bar rows, crunches/situps, and cable rows, those are the only exercises I do really.

And then a good amount of mountain biking, kayaking, and hiking too.

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
I have a bedroom dedicated to just exercise equipment. I have a full cage with safety bars and a bench with more weights than I can lift, lol.

I don't have any goals to be a huge strongman or anything, I just lift once or twice a week because I enjoy it. Mostly compound lifts, I rarely do isolation stuff like tricep kicks or even barbell curls. Deadlifts, squats, bench, military press, dips, chinups, bar rows, crunches/situps, and cable rows, those are the only exercises I do really.

And then a good amount of mountain biking, kayaking, and hiking too.
I have thought about investing in more home equipment and just not having a gym membership. All the barbells on amazon have terrible reviews, and the rogue bars are like 300 just for the bar, no bench or weights. I dont think I can afford the few grand right now mainly with my wedding coming up (unless I have to postpone it, it's set for July 12th.. rip)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO