Leather cleaning products

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Evening guys

As the nights draw in and the gritters get to work, I am thinking what items to put on my Santa list.

Something I have never used but want to now have invested in decent kit is cleaner for leathers. What does everyone use to keep it looking fresh etc?

Cheers

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner. It has done well, and I haven't noticed any discoloration. I have a black jacket though, for a lighter color you might want to test. The stuff I have is a 2 bottles. Use the cleaner first, then wipe off with water, once dry then put conditioner on it to keep the leather soft and moisturized.

I think there are a lot of options and all of them are fairly similar, in have a clearer of some sort, then a leather softener/conditioner.

Reactions: HRMV and HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I use the blood of my enemies.... fly and midge blood..... I don't bother cleaning them... they smell a bit but... roughty toughty biker innit! :D

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner. It has done well, and I haven't noticed any discoloration. I have a black jacket though, for a lighter color you might want to test. The stuff I have is a 2 bottles. Use the cleaner first, then wipe off with water, once dry then put conditioner on it to keep the leather soft and moisturized.

I think there are a lot of options and all of them are fairly similar, in have a clearer of some sort, then a leather softener/conditioner.
Will have a look at this mate.

Saw Autoglym do one but think it's just a cleaner not a feed if that makes sense. At the same time I don't want to spend a fortune on it.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I use the blood of my enemies.... fly and midge blood..... I don't bother cleaning them... they smell a bit but... roughty toughty biker innit! :D
Hahaha yeah my old stuff was like that, worn in all weathers never cleaned... And it shows.

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

Ponkster

Wannabie Member
Aug 30, 2020
I ride a
VN 1500 rat sidecar rig and a Yamaha FZS/R1/R6/ other hybrid rat bike called "Rattus"
I use baby wipes ( gets anything off anything) to get the crud off then give a coat with nickwax leather treatment - the nack is to rub it in with your fingers untill it soaks in .I was introduced to it in the fireservice as it was the 'go to' product for keeping leather fireboots repelling water .

1603697318773.png

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I use baby wipes ( gets anything off anything) to get the crud off then give a coat with nickwax leather treatment - the nack is to rub it in with your fingers untill it soaks in .I was introduced to it in the fireservice as it was the 'go to' product for keeping leather fireboots repelling water .

View attachment 5396
That sounds like the kiddie then pal. Baby wipes are one of the best products ever made... Unless your a toilet unblocker

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone

Teh Purp

Friendly Neighbourhood Idiot
Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
SFV650, NC700x, anything im given
[picture here was deleted for formatting]
i usually use baby wipes too, for condtioner i generally use non petrol based hand moisturiser, it keeps the leather soft, but doesnt watrerproof at all.

Reactions: HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
i usually use baby wipes too, for condtioner i generally use non petrol based hand moisturiser, it keeps the leather soft, but doesnt watrerproof at all.
Interesting, Highlands of Scotland requires quite some level of waterproofness however.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
I'm a fan of saddle soap for cleaning and mink oil for helping with sealing out water.

HippoDrone might be onto something though with the blood of his enemies.
Mink oil, never heard of that. Do you have to squeeze the minks or just rub them on your leathers?

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Mink oil, never heard of that. Do you have to squeeze the minks or just rub them on your leathers?

Hahahaha, you must first gain the minks confidence, become friends, then gently rub the mink on the leather in only a swirling pattern, NEVER UP AND DOWN OR LEFT AND RIGHT AS THEY BECOME VISIOUS IF YOU DO, then you must give them a a head scrach when you are finished!

• Haha
Reactions: HippoDrone and HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Hahahaha, you must first gain the minks confidence, become friends, then gently rub the mink on the leather in only a swirling pattern, NEVER UP AND DOWN OR LEFT AND RIGHT AS THEY BECOME VISIOUS IF YOU DO, then you must give them a a head scrach when you are finished!
Noted. Not so which type of website a video of this would be suitable for.

KrustyBoot

Become one with the Krustyness
Jun 8, 2020
East Anglia, UK.
I ride a
All the shit bikes! :)

View attachment 5396
That's what I use on my boots. I keep it in my tank bag when I'm on longer trips. It was vital for a very rainy trip to Scotland this summer! :)

Reactions: HRMV

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts