Kawasaki Problem

kawiMoto

I vlog because i love to vlog
Apr 14, 2016
kirkby in ashfield, nottinghamshire
I ride a
Kawasaki ER6-n
Hi guys, so my kawi ER6-n keeps over heating when I'm going slow I did have a problem with the coolant a while back it went seriously minging, I have flushed the crap out and it's staying clear but if I go on say a bike meet and ride slow the red light comes on until I give it some welly to cool down.
Has anyone experienced this problem?

YoutubIan

Wannabie Member
Apr 22, 2016
Cape Town - South Africa
I ride a
2004 Yamaha R6
Im no expert but I did google a bit now.

Does the fan come on? If not then your thermostat is shot, or not getting a connection.
If the fan comes on, do a flow test on the radiator.
Maybe flush the system, and visually inspect the radiator, sometimes the inside flows correct, but it becomes "flaky" inside causing the radiator not to function correctly.

But first confirm if your fan is working/thermostat.

Reactions: kawiMoto

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
DRZ400SM and random stuff people let me ride
there is a radiator fluid that would probably help you out. i forget the name of it but you don't add any water to it and there is a special fluid you need to flush your system with but it has a way higher boiling point and will reduce your running temp. thermostat would be easy to check just grab both radiator hoses if they are both hot then it is circulating. your fan should come on before it boils. also you can get a lower temp thermostat which might solve all your problems.

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
You do have a fan between the radiator and the engine. It should kick on about 90c that's before the coolant will boil. The temp sensor could also be bad not telling the fan to switch on. it's in the head on the left of the engine, just above the starter motor.

YoutubIan

Wannabie Member
Apr 22, 2016
Cape Town - South Africa
I ride a
2004 Yamaha R6
Thankyou for that I'll give it a look and I have never heard a fan on my bike nor can I see one :l air cooled maybe

I am leading to believe you fan or therostat is not working.
When your bike starts getting to the point of overheating, check to see if your fan is blowing.
If its not, then isolate that problem first.

thunderous71

Daddy
Aug 4, 2011
Surrey
www.thunderous71.com
I ride a
Mt-09
I'm pretty sure the thermo stat has gone ! I took it out yesterday and the fan didn't come on once looks like I'll be taking a trip to the garage soon :)

On the ER6 the fan should come on quickly within a min or two of standing still. Its a small fan but even with a helmet on it makes a distinctive whine. Hope the fan it self isnt buggered as that is a costly part!

BurntRuber

Burnt Rubber TV
Apr 8, 2016
Florida
I ride a
If the fans not coming on it would be the temp switch not the thermostat. You can check the thermostat just by feeling the hose on the other side of it going towards the radiator. If it's hot then water is flowing past it.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts