Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Ok, so I suggested this last night and it seemed positive. This thread is to allow you to post two videos from the same footage. The first would be as you would edit the video for your channel, the second would be an edit with just you talking from that same footage, we then judge your edit vs the concise edit to see which we prefer. This isn't to criticise either edit, so no comments, just a "heart" for the OP original edit, or a "smile" for the concise edit. You don't have to post the concise edit as public on your channel, can be unlisted if you prefer. All I ask is that you watch both vids in full from each person posting. It'd be ace if you drop them a like and a comment on their "proper" edit on YouTube too even if it is just to say hi or whatever... and maybe sub to them too if you have not already! :)

So for clarity, the rules:

No comments, just a "heart" for the "proper" edit or a "smile" for the "concise" edit
The poster needs to put both videos in the same post on here, but the "concise" edit does not need to be public on YouTube
The "proper" edit should be in the usual style of your channel
The "concise" edit should have no more than 2 seconds between sentences, you are encouraged to make the edit seem like a flowing monologue if possible
The viewer must watch both videos in full before judging
This is just for fun, and not to criticise any persons content in a negative way
If new members are unable to post but want to take part, drop me a pm and I'll try fix it so you can post here.

I will try and record a video this week, not sure when I will post it though as am on a YouTube "holiday" currently.

I look forward to your entries, and if we get enough of a response, I will try to do some social media promotion of your vids if folk are happy for that to be done! :)

Emma13

Gesto and Lane - The Motorcycle Diaries
Mar 20, 2019
I ride a
Honda CBR 600RR and MTo9
Interesting concept, I'll see if I can get my head around it :D #Lane I do have a challenge i'm figuring stuff out on....keep your eyes open for it. :D

Reactions: HippoDrone

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I would do this but both videos would come out exactly the same, because that's how I edit my videos anyway, and in my opinion its how you all should do it.

P.Outback

Wannabie Member
Jun 19, 2019
I ride a
Suzuki V-Strom 650
I don't think I would be able to do this one. All my videos are concise- I only record what I need for the video itself and turn the camera on as required. Generally, the only things I edit out are mistakes, stumbling over words etc. It's rare that I would record anything I don't use. I have always gone for the "concise" style.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I would do this but both videos would come out exactly the same, because that's how I edit my videos anyway, and in my opinion its how you all should do it.

Yeah, honestly most of my videos are like this too, where I edit out 90% of the moments of silence. I do keep non-talking parts sometimes if there is something interesting happening like with scenery or traffic or such.

That said, I do usually have some talking pauses kept in there, like a second or two between thoughts or sentences.

Okay, I'll do this with my next video edit, I'm curious to see just how much difference there actually is when I focus on cutting out ALL non talking footage.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R

Don't agree fully on this, because sometimes showing what you are talking about is also important ;)

I do keep non-talking parts sometimes if there is something interesting happening like with scenery or traffic or such.
This for example. ;)

No more then 2 seconds is very short i have noticed.
Almost every video has a 2 sec + break in it somewhere i feel ;)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO