Is Drift in trouble?

Armours

Wannabie Member
Aug 12, 2020
I ride a
BMW R1200R
Does anybody know what is going on with Drift Innovation? I've emailed them about spares availability but they don't seem able to reply, and the Ghost high capacity battery seems harder to find than Lord Lucan riding Shergar...

Reactions: Teh Purp

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I think they have been struggling, I also heard they have a new camera coming possibly... which could be interesting, not heard any details though.

Teh Purp

Friendly Neighbourhood Idiot
Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
SFV650, NC700x, anything im given
with the 4k being pretty much universally bombed in reviews, and being notoriously buggy, i wouldn't be surprised that they are struggling.

saying this, id LOVE for them to make a new camera, from what i know they are capable of producing (there older cameras) they know how to make a great camera that really works for what we do. sadly im not sure the form factor works for a lot of other action camera uses quite as much.

Reactions: Armours

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
If they had just improved on the original, I bet 99% of motovloggers would be using their cameras, which would mean these watching motovlogs would look to them as "dashcam" type bike cams. I'd love to run a Drift instead of a GoPro, but they looked to save some money in a way that nerfed the brand

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I used and loved their models before the Ghost S. Only ever heard bad things on this forum about them, we had a member maybe a year back that went through 2 cameras that were both glitchy.

Reactions: HippoDrone

KapGranite

New Hampshire, USA
Jun 16, 2020
New Hampshire
I ride a
Victory Cross Country
I loved my Ghost-S and I love my 4K but really out of the box the 4K was trash. Once the updates came out it was finally put together nicely. I use it as my helmet camera and use a gopro 5 session as my front facing and its a rockstar. I hope if they're putting out a new camera they go all in and push the bar on it and have the support to back it. If not I think that it will be time to close shop.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Yh I think so. After the S they dropped the ball and every camera since has had issues. GoPro aren't shy of issues. For me I likew the way the Drift sits on my helmet. Espically since I have a modular helmet. To do it with a GoPro is bulky.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
The Drift Ghost S was my first action cam, and I’m still using it as my main/helmet cam. It’s showing its age making me think about trying to get a good used one on eBay, upgrade to the 4K or wait and see if Drift comes out with something new.

- Wolf

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Old stuff is the best, I still have a Drift 720 - 8 years later still turns on and works first time

I use the Drift Ghost HD.

Yupe, i have 2 at the moment, with 8 and 7 year old.
They do have some age problems, but when 1 doesn't work i store it and use the other one. For some reason being stored for couple of months seems to fix the not working issue xD

Do have to work with powerbank, but honestly, i prefer that. Have the luxury to film literally till your sd card is full is amazing :)

L. Bilious

Huge member
Aug 2, 2019
North Cheshire/South Manchester
I ride a
CBR1100, GSXR750, XR250
Yupe, i have 2 at the moment, with 8 and 7 year old.
They do have some age problems, but when 1 doesn't work i store it and use the other one. For some reason being stored for couple of months seems to fix the not working issue xD

Do have to work with powerbank, but honestly, i prefer that. Have the luxury to film literally till your sd card is full is amazing :)

I've got 2, too. Both were bought used from ebay. I have spare batteries and change them at any stops I do.
I've not yet had any issues with them.
Maybe disconnecting the battery has helped, I also take out the SD card and plug it into my laptop to transfer files and I'll format them every now and again.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I've got 2, too. Both were bought used from ebay. I have spare batteries and change them at any stops I do.
I've not yet had any issues with them.
Maybe disconnecting the battery has helped, I also take out the SD card and plug it into my laptop to transfer files and I'll format them every now and again.

Yeah, empty the card at least weekly. And format monthly.
Batteries are all dead, that is why the powerbank is handy.
At some point i had 6 batteries, now i only have 3.
Lost 1 and 2 of them become bold/round so threw those away ;)

Reactions: L. Bilious

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts