Funny Is A Sports Tourer Two Bikes in One?

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Hi all,

My new video went live today! Using new software (Powerdirector, which was a learning curve). Still got some way to go, but feeling happy with how a non riding video came out. Looking forward to having the service as well as oil leak fixed on Thursday.

Bob and I talk through the Sports side and Touring side of a Sports Touring, and if indeed one bike can do both

Last edited by a moderator:

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
That is one sweet bike!

I think the sport touring bikes are much better for those of us that can't afford a private jet and still need to carry stuff on the way home from a ride.

:cool:

Nice use of music for setting the moods. Did your AD make the picks?

Reactions: City Bob

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
That is one sweet bike!

I think the sport touring bikes are much better for those of us that can't afford a private jet and still need to carry stuff on the way home from a ride.

:cool:

Nice use of music for setting the moods. Did your AD make the picks?

Thanks! Yeah agreed, and I always over pack! It's the first time I've used music that I liked!

Glad you enjoyed it! First video produced using PowerDirector

What's AD?

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Thanks! Yeah agreed, and I always over pack! It's the first time I've used music that I liked!

Glad you enjoyed it! First video produced using PowerDirector

What's AD?

I recently went to PowerDirector 18 for the desktop. So far, I like it but there is a lot to learn!

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
I recently went to PowerDirector 18 for the desktop. So far, I like it but there is a lot to learn!

Yes agreed a lot to learn! My laptop struggles a little with it too. I really need a better laptop but you know what it's like, there's always something you feel you need!

• Love
Reactions: HRMV and R-Rated

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Will check out vid later as interested in your thoughts. I think they are a 2in 1 bike in terms of you can go for a blast and tour with luggage quite easily. I don't think they are really commuter friendly as generally a bit wider in the hips so maybe not so filtering friendly.

Saying that I commuted and toured on a pure sports bike for 3 years in all weather so great believer in you can ultimately use any bike for anything.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I must admit, one of the reasons I love my 2018 Goldwing is it's dual nature. In Tour mode it's a great casual touring bike, but in Sport mode it transforms itself into quite the twisty carver which is great fun. Though the Wing isn't a true sport tourer it sits right on the cusp of being one.

Reactions: HRMV

TBRD

Throttle Back Rubber Down
Jul 9, 2020
I ride a
2020 BMW S1000XR
I love the idea of sport touring. In an ideal world I would live around great roads and have all the time in the world to ride. As it is, a lot of my time is spent commuting, albeit a beautiful commute, and weekend riding. My machine fits my riding and works well for both. Good job on the video.

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
I love the idea of sport touring. In an ideal world I would live around great roads and have all the time in the world to ride. As it is, a lot of my time is spent commuting, albeit a beautiful commute, and weekend riding. My machine fits my riding and works well for both. Good job on the video.

Thanks!

The sprint isn't too bad with commuting. It's not as bad filtering as you might think, and I work in central London (at least I did before I officially became a home worker like most other people)

It's not too bad on fuel. Like with everything and as I said in vid, compromise is the key to have one bike that does it all. It's alright to commute on, but not the best. It's alright to tour on, but not the best. It's alright to use as a sports performance bike, but not the best. If you're willing to have one bike be a jack of all trades master of none, it's amazing. And to be fair, it manages to do all 3 at a rather impressive level

Reactions: HippoDrone and TBRD

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Awesome overview of a multirole motorcycle mate, nicely put together and pretty informative without being too fanboi (seeing as it is your pride and joy :)

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
The riding shots in the video made me nauseous, I had to look away. Another 30 seconds of that and I may throw up.

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer 600 '98 - The 'Mistress'
Nice vid man.Looking to explore my own bikes dual heritage (FZS600). Your's is far more sporty looking though!

City Bob

Immature Amateur
Jun 30, 2020
London, UK
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Nice vid man.Looking to explore my own bikes dual heritage (FZS600). Your's is far more sporty looking though!

Haha thanks! Yeah she's a pretty old girl!

The Fazer was a popular bike, let me know when you do the video would love to give it a watch

Reactions: MickFist

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts