General Iron Butting

Pooley

Wannabe tractor enthusiast
Nov 19, 2019
Derbyshire
I ride a
2003 Honda Deauville 650
All hail Hippo man!!

It's still on my watch list to catch up on!

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I've done a few 1K day rides over the years. In the US if you stick to interstates and avoid big cities it isn't too bad. Having a touring bike helps a ton too, like a Goldwing or a Road Glide. On a bike like yours with no windshield it can be really rough, it just wears you down.

Reactions: Pooley

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
All hail Hippo man!!

It's still on my watch list to catch up on!

there's tractor content btw

I've done a few 1K day rides over the years. In the US if you stick to interstates and avoid big cities it isn't too bad. Having a touring bike helps a ton too, like a Goldwing or a Road Glide. On a bike like yours with no windshield it can be really rough, it just wears you down.

tell you what, even though it only has a cafe fairing it makes a huge difference but yeah. i originally looked at electras and old goldwings but settled on something a bit lighter

• Love
Reactions: Pooley

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
Honestly I like the idea of making a video about a 1K Iron Butt.

Maybe when PA gets past its lockdown I'll make one too and link your vid to it! Start a little Youtube 1K challenge chain, lol.

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Honestly I like the idea of making a video about a 1K Iron Butt.

Maybe when PA gets past its lockdown I'll make one too and link your vid to it! Start a little Youtube 1K challenge chain, lol.

the iron butt organisation would get inundated heh

Reactions: WildOn2s

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
I think to make it official you need to follow their rules so yeah take that into account if you care about such things (I don’t)

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
I've never done an "official" ironbutt, where you have it certified and such. I've done many 1K days which would qualify but I was just doing them to get somewhere on schedule while crossing the country on vacation, LOL.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO