Not open for further replies.

RogueRiderUK

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Bromley, Kent
I ride a
2010 Suzuki GSX650F
I'm still in a quandry!

Should I wait for the iPhone 5 or go for an Android handset like the Samsung Galaxy S2?

I've been with Apple since the 3G was launched and have got a load of apps...... Is it worth changing?

Help me out here people?

I posted a vid about it..... [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDi0ZfaCYHg[/youtube]

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion
If you can afford and can live with the shortcomings of an iPhone (not amazing as an actual phone, a locked-down OS and premium price tag) then I say go for it.

I had a HTC Desire but I've since renewed my contract and got a Nokia N8 for the simple fact that I found Android to be a tad buggy whilst Symbian tends to be rock solid. My N8 also has a 12MP camera :D

There's reportedly going to be a iPhone 4S as well, I'd wait until the dust settles.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
I wouldn't believe any rumers about an iPhone 5 or 4s at the moment.
I happen to work in a mobile phone shop and I'm asked constantly about the iPhone 5. I've kept up with every rumer going, even though I hate Apple.

So far we've passed every major day people have suggested the iPhone 5 will come out, with not a peep from apple. We could be days away from it or it could be well into next year before we see it.

Now the galaxy s2 is a far superiour handset anyway. Compare it to something like the 4 for instance, and youve got 8mp camera over 5, 1080p recording over 720p, supremely faster processor in the 1.2 ghz duel core and 16 gb internal memory that is actually expandable unlike the iphone.

Not to mention, Android is so much more open than ios. You can customize it to hell. You don't have to stick with what apple tell you to do.
The phone and tariffs for it are a lot cheaper as well... It just all makes sense.

Sorry, I get quite passionate about mobile phones and not letting customers be ripped off (if only every phone salesman was like that!).

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion
Understandable, iPhones just tend to work though, and complete morons seem to be able to get on with them.

I like my non-Android or iOS N8 :)

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
Chrus600 said:
Understandable, iPhones just tend to work though, and complete morons seem to be able to get on with them.

I know the mass thought is this, but from working with them all day every day I can tell you they very often don't just work... nor can complete morons get on with them.

It tends to be because you can't change the settings of an item from that item, you have to go into settings everytime. People just don't seem to get that.
And ring tones... oh lord don't get me started on people wanting to set their ring tones on iPhones. Up until recently at least. Same with bluetooth, although that is still an issue.

Had someone in the other day who had an iPhone and the battery had exploded or melted or something. Anyway, because you can't take the back off, it was stuck in there. And it was getting hotter, and hotter, until it started melting whatever it was left on and burning peoples hands.

Was pretty funny to look at. Not to hold though. Ouch.

RogueRiderUK

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Bromley, Kent
I ride a
2010 Suzuki GSX650F
I was planning a change to Android and then I saw IOS 5!? :?

It's a blatant rip off of Android, but Apple kick arse when it comes to software! They're always a bit behind in the hardware stakes though..... Having said that their build quality is second to none!

A couple of things are holding me back from changing

1 - All my apps! I've got a Tom Tom app that I paid £40 for! It's well worth it, I pop my headphones in, punch in a destination, drop the phone in my pocket and I'm good to go! It's as good if not better than my mates Tom Tom Rider!

2 - Not completely sold on any of the dual core Android handsets out there at the mo.

Oh and

3 - Apple are just waaaaay cooool!! (Comes with a price I suppose though)

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
iPhone all the way, don't know why. But I'm opposite to friz and always prefer apple. Can't explain why, it's nothing to do with hardware, or software or processors or anything else. But since I use macs all day ever day that's what I'm used to. I hate going back on PC's now.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Android.

Unless you like only ever having the choice of one handset type.

Because believe me after you spend a bunch of money on apps, the last thing you'll want to do it's change os once again and cough up more dough. So yeah go with the os that offers the most variety. Sure apple it's flavor of the decade but give it time and you'll possibly want something more than the usual apple fayre.

Me, I went apple first but swapped before iphone 4 and critically before I had bought too much apple specific kit. Sticking with android for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

RideXRide

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Radford, VA
I ride a
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 636
I have an HTC Inspire and think I'll stick with Android. I like the fact that there is a variety of phones in different price ranges that I can choose from. Apple is great and all, but choice is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts