Status
Not open for further replies.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Wow, Well since I have had a good play with my mates Iphone I'm jelous and I want one.

Unfortuantley after looking around noone has any in stock.

Vodafone
O2
Orange
T-Mobile
Phones-4-U
Carphone Warehouse are even out of stock

And don't know when there expecting a re-stock.

Anyone else had any issues with regards to the phone or getting them?

Ducman69

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Houston, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki VStrom
Compare it to the Galaxy SII before you buy, you owe it to yourself. :)

Its basically the God phone, and feels so good it should be illegal. Its faster, has a better screen, its 4G, has better battery life, its thinner, its lighter, has a better camera with far more controls... in reviews the only way the 4S beat the S2 was in maximum storage capacity. But actually, since unlike the 4S it has a slot for a memory card up to 64GB, it technically wins there too.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Don't do it! Unless you like software based improvements. Okay granted better camera and faster processor but come on... Apple pulled this crud back with the 3GS offering software features and disabling them for 3g customers to persuade people to pay a fortune to upgrade early.

They basically punish early adopters.

I have a samsung galaxy S (not the 2) and I'm so happy with it, would imagine the s2 would be even more awesome.

Iphone: same old crud, different ibranding release every 12-14 months.

Android: multiple manufacturers, different form factors, choice of hardware and features, frequent releases (compared to iOS). Apps work across all android based handsets.

So if you get bored with htc's implementation you can swap out to a samsung or whatever you fancy.

~Former iphone owner now android fan. :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Ducman69

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Houston, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki VStrom
Bloke said:
I have a samsung galaxy S (not the 2) and I'm so happy with it, would imagine the s2 would be even more awesome.
That is what I'm so torn on! I am hoping that some Galaxy S owners will want to upgrade to the S2 and I might be able to find an S on craigslist.

For us 'Mericans, Walmart has a AWESOME new plan through TMobile. For only $30 a month, you get unlimited 4G up to 5GB with a soft-cap, unlimited texts, and 100mins talktime. I really just use my phone for data and texting mostly, and can use skype for long conversations on the unlimited data connection anyway if I have to have long conversations. And that's with zero contract, cancel anytime. :)

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Is motovlog the place to be asking peoples opinions on a new phone?? Isn't this forum for talking about motovlogs, cameras, bikes etc.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
Theres a camera on my phone. :/

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
I happen to work in a phone shop that's on your list (although I'm not allowed to publicly say which) and we have the 4s in stock.

I wouldn't recommend it if you wanted anything apart from sonething shiny, but its personal opinion i guess.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
I've rang most shops Phones 4 U had it in and it was a massive c*ck up.

I asked and filled everything in. and then just as he's about to go and get the phone he asks are you with any other phone compaines I'm with O2 so I say "Yes, why is that a problem because I was going to cancel with them anyways" he goes no it shouldn't be. so after taking my money for the phone he comes back fills in the stuff on the computer and then says "Oh' sorry but it's come up on the computer that you can't have the phone. Your contracted with another company" "Yes I just told you that, I also said I was canceling" + Then he says "your credit rating is too low".

How did you work that out.

I pay Insurance Debt - Monthly
I pay Gym Membership - Monthly
I pay Rent - Monthly
I pay O2 - Monthly
I pay Gas & Water - Monthly

I've never been behind a payment, never been in my overdraft, never gone to a minus on my account. & Yet my credit rating is TOO LOW.

£47 a month and your moaning about my credit rating are you stupid. your robbing me left right and centre and yet your botherd about a credit rating which to me is perfectly fine?

Haha, I Walked Out.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
AZZ3R said:

I asked and filled everything in. and then just as he's about to go and get the phone he asks are you with any other phone compaines I'm with O2 so I say "Yes, why is that a problem because I was going to cancel with them anyways" he goes no it shouldn't be. so after taking my money for the phone he comes back fills in the stuff on the computer and then says "Oh' sorry but it's come up on the computer that you can't have the phone. Your contracted with another company" "Yes I just told you that, I also said I was canceling" + Then he says "your credit rating is too low".

I pay Rent - Monthly
I pay O2 - Monthly

I've never been behind a payment, never been in my overdraft, never gone to a minus on my account. & Yet my credit rating is TOO LOW.

£47 a month and your moaning about my credit rating are you stupid. your robbing me left right and centre and yet your botherd about a credit rating which to me is perfectly fine?

Haha, I Walked Out.

Can you pm me which store it was in and exactly what happened when it happened please?

carlsant1

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda CBR900RR 1996
AZZ3R said:

I pay Rent - Monthly
I pay O2 - Monthly

Haha, I Walked Out.

Its very hard to get a "good" credit rating without some actual form of "credit" best way is to get a credit card with a low limit and just pay for your fuel on it or something... all of the things you list dont really help towards a credit rating, you'll be seen as good with paying your bills, but thats all, nothing to say you will be able to afford to pay something else back, also depends on your job, how much you earn, where you live, what kinda job you have, everything you could think of... and some companies are just nit picky... try going to an o2 store... they tend to be pretty good.

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
his list is good for building a credit rating.

insurance is a loan
phone contracts are loans...

Editing this on phone so can't see the rest of his list at the same time as writing but basically it isn't"just paying bills" like you say but full credit agreements.

Which are perfect for building a credit history.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
Bloke said:
his list is good for building a credit rating.

insurance is a loan
phone contracts are loans...

Editing this on phone so can't see the rest of his list at the same time as writing but basically it isn't"just paying bills" like you say but full credit agreements.

Which are perfect for building a credit history.

Got to agree I'm afraid!
Direct debits are fantastic for gaining a credit rating.

superwaldo92

Wannabie Member
Jul 24, 2011
I ride a
2007 Honda CBR-125R
Wow i never heard of needing a credit rating before having a contract. When i got mine this was the first time in my life i set up a direct debit and i never had an overdraft or a credit card. I had no issue what so ever, also i worked with some one who said he had an terrible credit rating and he got a phone no problem.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
superwaldo92 said:
Wow i never heard of needing a credit rating before having a contract. When i got mine this was the first time in my life i set up a direct debit and i never had an overdraft or a credit card. I had no issue what so ever, also i worked with some one who said he had an terrible credit rating and he got a phone no problem.

You do need a credit rating to get a credit rating these days...

If your house has decent credit you get a good start, but I've seen people not get a phone first time and people get Orange (one of the harder networks to pass) first time.

Depends on so many factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts