Not open for further replies.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Hi all,

Just wondering, how long it takes you to find insurance and what you go about doing it.

(Do you go on all these comparison websites and check out all thier prices and then decide or do you ring up and ask?)

Do you look for price difference.
Do you ring and say (insurer A is cheaper than insurer B) (Price Matching)
Do you just buy the first one you see?

I'm now looking for insurance for my "Big Bike" and my insurance is doubled (Which is to be expect and I'm ok with that) just advice on how you go about looking and finding.

Might also help the newer rider find easier ways to get insurance.

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
I usually check gocompare and a couple of non-comparison sites.

Gocompare seems to be the cheapest comparison site for me, although I imagine it differs from people to people.

I've noticed with myself that if I ring up a company directly it can sometimes cost me more than going through a comparison site using the exact same details. God knows why...

I get my insurance pretty cheap (£600 and something, everyone else was offering 1000+) but it comes at the cost of a massive excess, being £750. Just gota be more careful... :p

ToySoldier

Wannabie Member
Aug 19, 2011
www.youtube.com
I ride a
dt 125 ntv 650
Yamaha dt125
soon suzuki bandit 400 XD
i find ebike and the bike insureer to be cheap for me and for me its only 100 more to insure a sv650 (what im geting next)

Ducman69

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Houston, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki VStrom
Progressive was the cheapest for me. $50K/100K/$25K for bodily/property + comprehensive is $78 a year for my VStrom (hard to beat $6.50 a month).

Checked w/ a few others just doing online quotes with reasonably accurate information but fake name/nearby address/no-VIN just make/model.

Chrus600

Wannabie Member
Aug 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6S Diversion
GO COMPAAAAAAARE!

Sorry, yes, I found GoCompare to have the cheapest quotes, the Bike Insurer is pretty good too. You can try playing companies off one another to try and get a better quote, I had little success but others I know have saved a fair bit so it's definitely worth a go!

pete86

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2011
Oxford
I ride a
Triumph Thunderbird Sport
I go to a few comparison websites and some of the bigger companies that arent on those websites. If you put your real phone number down then I find one of them rings you, gives you a price then the next rings you and it comes down a little more then a little more on the next one that rings.
My car insurance is due soon and I've just turned 25 so hopefully it will go down alot more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts