Installation Of Boosterplug, And Results

Matt Leech

What chicken strips?
Jul 17, 2017
Sheffield
I ride a
BMW F800 GT
Apologies in advance for the remainder of this post sounding like an advertisement.

I mentioned a mod named boosterplug over on this thread and shortly afterwards, placed an order; it arrived today.

Their website made lots of bold claims, as it would, and it also shows lots of positive reviews, as it would. I was sceptical, as I am, especially about the "quick and easy installation" as I've no experience with moto-maintenance.

Well blow me down...it was quick and easy to fit :)

So then for the running test...and blow me down again, I noticed a difference immediately when I let out the clutch. I did a few standing starts with no throttle, and there was no sign of stalling or even spluttering.

Even now, while writing this, I'm questioning whether I'm an informal fallacy victim of wishful thinking.

So that was a five-minute test, I'll report back after a bank holiday weekend of riding with a pillion.

Reactions: HippoDrone

Matt Leech

What chicken strips?
Jul 17, 2017
Sheffield
I ride a
BMW F800 GT
Ugh, I'm such a skeptic that I'm still reluctant to tell you all that the boosterplus has made a positive difference, but that is the conclusion at which my mind has arrived.

Whether it's worth the money is down to the individual; at £150 I'd say that it's expensive if you don't have the same issues with stalling as me, but even if you think that your low revs could do with a slightly richer mixture, that amount of money might still seem high.

The past three days riding has been with a 15kg topbox, a 5kg tank bag, and a pillion, so I'll have to reserve judgement as to whether speed/acceleration has been improved.

S'up to you.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts