Important Information For Vloggers./ Riding Camera's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
If he's stupid enough to film and upload himself at 150mph, then he deserves everything he got. Personally would have locked him up.

kryten

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
GSXR-600 and WR250R
You know it depends on where he was doing 150mph. 150mph on a long straight highway is no big deal. 150 on any street with intersections is insane.

I really wish cops and judges would stop getting their undies in a twist over speed though. They act like any speeding is horrible and the person is insane and a danger to society. People get away with all kinds of things that are way worse than speeding but if you're 10 or 15mph over the limit they treat you like you were waving a loaded gun at kids or something.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
OoxTruExoO said:
Has the footage been taken down, or is it still up there?
Not to sure, couple of the SV guys commented saying, if your going to wheelie at least get cought doing it propperly. so i presume they have i can't find it though.

Kryten said:
but if you're 10 or 15mph over the limit they treat you like you were waving a loaded gun at kids or something.

Thats true.
& Over here if your double the speed limit and cought it's a ban for 6-12months, and 6+ points on your licence.

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Was on the local news, he was wheeling whilst filtering, going on pavements and absolutely bombing it down the m/way with plenty of other traffic, he was lane splitting at 120 mph for gods sake, he's lucky he lived long enough to be sentenced!

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
yeah I saw this on the BBC news site, the guy was riding like a bellend so deserved it.

lauriejennifer

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Kawasaki KLX330sm * Keen BadBoy CX50 * Kawasaki ER-6n
Hooligans are one thing. That's just fun. But reckless endangerment is uncool.

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
lauriejennifer said:

"Hooliganism refers to unruly, destructive, aggressive and bullying behaviour. Such behaviour is commonly associated with sports fans. The term can also apply to general rowdy behaviour and vandalism, often under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs."

Lol :lol:

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
kryten said:
You know it depends on where he was doing 150mph. 150mph on a long straight highway is no big deal. 150 on any street with intersections is

In the uk we have no big wide long roads with little traffic, not the sort you have in the US, 150 here is completely mental on any road anywhere.

lauriejennifer

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Kawasaki KLX330sm * Keen BadBoy CX50 * Kawasaki ER-6n
ToastToGo said:
lauriejennifer said:

"Hooliganism refers to unruly, destructive, aggressive and bullying behaviour. Such behaviour is commonly associated with sports fans. The term can also apply to general rowdy behaviour and vandalism, often under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs."

Lol :lol:

My definition of hooliganism has been very much altered by my introduction into the world of supermotos....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... 20hooligan

See also: http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthre ... t=hooligan

^^ That thread is eye-opening to what goes through your head on these machines. My youtube channel is filtered content (pun? double meaning?)

All of that said, I remember seeing videos of what this guy was pulling. Outrageous. He went WAY beyond "just having a little fun with his skills." He tipped the scale over to "squid" and "a$$hat" when he started recklessly endangering the general public. Close calls with pedestrians, or high-speed close calls with a car full of kids? Yeah, serious lack of judgment there.

There is a fine line between hooligan and dumb@#$. It boils down to--beyond skill--judgement calls and context. He had the wrong context and very questionable judgement skills (at best).

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
He didn't even getting a ban, because if he lost his licsense he would have lost his job and put his family in hardship. Tough shit he was the one that did 150mph, ban him for good.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
Chessecake94 said:
He didn't even getting a ban, because if he lost his licsense he would have lost his job and put his family in hardship.

He Was banned from riding for 2years and Disqulified for 5 & 10points on his licence, should he choose to get it back as he'll have to pass an extended test when he does decide to get back on the road.

Just losing your licence doesn't mean you lose your job, I work with someone who had there licence taken from them for drink driving banned for 2 years 8points and he's now back behind the wheel. (& safer behind the wheel after his ordeal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts