www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
That's interesting. After reading the article I'm still not entirely sure how it will work though?

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Good to know as didn't see this.

I could see Instagram being a secondary revenue stream for short-form clips (for our context). I tried using IGTV for long-form content and I just don't see it being ideal over YouTube for that; nor do I like the idea of splitting up viewership across mediums as it also splits up analytics/engagement, etc.

To be honest I still see YT and Instagram as primarily engagement platforms, not revenue platforms (for the majority of us). So it's all about building a base/viewership that can be redirected to other revenue streams like merchandise, books, web courses, and such (at least that's the going process in my head).

Definitely curious what others think or how they use Instagram now and/or going forward as it relates to the motovlog realm.

Reactions: LandyVlad

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
Good to know as didn't see this.

I could see Instagram being a secondary revenue stream for short-form clips (for our context). I tried using IGTV for long-form content and I just don't see it being ideal over YouTube for that; nor do I like the idea of splitting up viewership across mediums as it also splits up analytics/engagement, etc.

To be honest I still see YT and Instagram as primarily engagement platforms, not revenue platforms (for the majority of us). So it's all about building a base/viewership that can be redirected to other revenue streams like merchandise, books, web courses, and such (at least that's the going process in my head).

Definitely curious what others think or how they use Instagram now and/or going forward as it relates to the motovlog realm.

I used to only uploaded previews of my YT videos but now I upload to YT and IGTV. It's also linked to Facebook, so you can automatically post to Facebook via IGTV. I'm only doing it in the hope to increase viewers on both platforms...

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
Could certainly be interesting, I feel like as a smaller channel on YT, instagram you gets a bit more reach with the use of hashtags, etc..
Of course you'd need to have a larger audience to make any real money off this anywho :p

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
Could certainly be interesting, I feel like as a smaller channel on YT, instagram you gets a bit more reach with the use of hashtags, etc..
Of course you'd need to have a larger audience to make any real money off this anywho :p

I am still just trying to get 1000 subs so I can use Stories, and do some Livestreaming from my mobile device. 830 now...seems like its been 700+ since forever...NEED SUBS :(

Reactions: Madlad

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
I just gave 'ya one more lol :p
I only know of Triple rider who rides in Japan elsewise (that I can actually understand and enjoy)

I wish I could speak Japanese lol

Reactions: tarmacjapa

WheelyPerd

Everywhere @WheeliePerd
May 18, 2017
South Africa
I ride a
Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Definitely something I'll be looking into! Instagram has to change to keep up, cant just be a photo sharing app forever, besides have you seen how big TikTok is getting, ha its literally the new Vine.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I really hate watching videos on my phone, so only really use instagram for pics or very short clips. I tried IGTV when they launched it, amd gave up on it pretty quick. So you are saying they have changed from portrait only now and allow landscape? That is interesting, I'll stick with pointing folk to my YouTube for now I think though.

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
I really hate watching videos on my phone, so only really use instagram for pics or very short clips. I tried IGTV when they launched it, amd gave up on it pretty quick. So you are saying they have changed from portrait only now and allow landscape? That is interesting, I'll stick with pointing folk to my YouTube for now I think though.

Yup. Can upload in 1080p or higher now. Same as YouTube or FB

Reactions: LandyVlad

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
For now I'm going to keep focusing on Youtube and only use Instagram as a means to pull traffic towards my YT channel. I'll be using IGTV for short clips only, teasers for my YT motovlogs.

Reactions: Meifesto

tarmacjapa

Bike Hub Japan
Mar 9, 2019
Japan
I ride a
KTM Superduke
Suzuki SV650S
For now I'm going to keep focusing on Youtube and only use Instagram as a means to pull traffic towards my YT channel. I'll be using IGTV for short clips only, teasers for my YT motovlogs.

I am now uploading full videos to YT and IGTV and I allow IGTV to automatically share it to my FB page...Its a pain having to make two thumbnails, but otherwise it is pretty painless. I also share a clip of the main video within the Instagram story thing, and include a "Swipe Up to View Video" template thingy mabob

Reactions: HippoDrone

UncleL

Uncle LongBeard
Feb 29, 2020
Midlands, UK
I ride a
HD, W800, RE
I checked IGTV some time ago, even it was 1080p and horizontal it still sucked. At least for me. Another potential issue is with the music if you use one. Most of us use YT music library. I don't think it will work well with IGTV :D

Reactions: tarmacjapa

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts