i want your opinions .. please

janx101

Thinking is optional !
Sep 4, 2013
Illawarra Region, NSW, Australia
I ride a
Suzuki GS500F
ok vloggers... just a recent thought ..

i know everyone has their own style ... and their own audience that likes that style...

im not chasing subs .. i want info.. not smoke blown up my ass!

if you can spare a few mins here and there to watch some of my stuff ... even if you dont even like/dislike it.. let me know these things..

what you thought was good/ok/poor/crap .. ?

is there anything that you find particularly ho hum ?... as a general vlog-wide viewpoint..

where can i improve with the iffy bits? ... i know editing can do it.. but .. what do i need to stop or try work on?
im trying to gain a brutally honest viewpoint from others .. so i can improve the quality .. gradually.. of what i am doing..

i know i dont like tedious/slow/poor vids .... and i dont want to churn out poor product .. yes i know its to entertain myself too... but it all entertains me! ... :roll: :lol:

while i AM who i am! .. whats the thing that i did that irks you in a vid? ... if you were Joe Q Public .. whats the fail bits?

im a big boy .. i can take it.. preferably no trolling for the sake of it.. but .. lay it on me people! ..

thanks

https://www.youtube.com/user/Janx101

theluisvlogs

Wannabie Member
Oct 3, 2013
I ride a
Cg125
I've leant to be your self because if you try be something your not, the videos you put out become all the same.
I like vlogs to be natural and to have an understanding what's honing on in the bikers head!!
From what I've seen your video are a ggood example

janx101

Thinking is optional !
Sep 4, 2013
I ride a
Suzuki GS500F
Cheers guys... I don't think I can 'not be myself' hahahhaha

Really I guess I'm seeking to gain any tech tips or donts.... I know there's a heap of vids that cover these too... And I am trying to fit in viewing time.... So many vids in general to enjoy though!! ...

I'll just keep on keeping on and let my style develop more ... :D

Also... As an aside... I have gained a single thumbs down on every single one of my vids... Which troubles me not in the least... Pretty sure I know (in an online sense) who it will be... A user from another forum that .... Has his own viewpoint I guess...

I never set out to have everyone love my stuff....people are free to be themselves...

I could block the person.... Once they comment... But there's a certain perverse pleasure in knowing the 'burn factor ' too ... Is that bad? :lol:

NEMBuck

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2013
New York
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2013 DRZ400sm with Full Yoshimura RS-2 Comp Exhaust
2013 Kingquad 750 4x4 atv
Suzuki!
Peace, Love and Motorsports!
Moto Tayls said:
I know you said you weren't fishing for subs

That can be said....but in the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me god!....Every person with a youtube account is fishing for subs.....Nobody take this the wrong way! Im just stating the obvious!!! So with that said! Make sure you subscribe to Janx!

Reactions: OlliePrice

janx101

Thinking is optional !
Sep 4, 2013
I ride a
Suzuki GS500F
Lol...thanks 'cheersquad people' ... :D

It always sounds fake I think.... 'Dont need to sub me but watch and tell me etc etc' ...

I'm ecstatic with every new sub ....but I don't EXPECT it... I'm under no illusion of what I'm like or who I am... Not saying that others are or think they are better than everyone! ... IRL the closest group I ride with.... Know me well enough now that during a chat ... If Janx goes on one of his saga length sentences... Hold up hand when it's gone awry ... 'Shutup!' With a smile.... 'Sorry guys lol' ... Etc .... Some just put up with it ... 'Dont want to hurt my feelings' ... WTF?! ... Proper friends stop you because they can !

There are some Moto vids that I have watched and not subbed to ..... Yet anyway ... Didn't catch my attention with that particular vid ... But like everyone I guess ... We sub for something we laugh at or like .... So I figure that sooner or later everyone will catch my attention .... And I'll end up with a sub list that goes for weeks of catchup watches! Hahahhaha

Shirou

京平
Sep 20, 2013
Argentina
I ride a
Honda XR250 Tornado
Ninja EX250J
NEMBuck said:
Moto Tayls said:
I know you said you weren't fishing for subs

That can be said....but in the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me god!....Every person with a youtube account is fishing for subs.....Nobody take this the wrong way! Im just stating the obvious!!! So with that said! Make sure you subscribe to Janx!

:( I-I j-just do what I do t-to make friends. :oops:

MrFalloffalot

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2013
Alpha Centuri
I ride a
1983 Kwacka z750 'Scrapheap', +16 more 'Toys'...
Dont doubt yourself too much Janx, YOUR style will show after time, it will just 'Naturally' spew-out of all your holes in ya body!!
Whenu pick-up a camera, youll look like Steven Speilburg, 'Knowing, searching' for those Shots/scenes to make your next 'Peice' of Art.
If anyone has seen mine, can they return it to me?? lol

Inspiration time...
'If you build it, they will come' quote-(Kevin Costner movie).

Whatch this for inspiration?? Great movie, true story. Ive watched it a gazillion times and still love this bit. ALL schools should show the movie, but how would the powers control us if we were 'Free thinkers'?? lol

Cheers.
> : )

Reactions: MichaelFite

MrFalloffalot

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2013
Alpha Centuri
I ride a
"Also... As an aside... I have gained a single thumbs down on every single one of my vids... Which troubles me not in the least... Pretty sure I know (in an online sense) who it will be... A user from another forum that .... Has his own viewpoint I guess...
I never set out to have everyone love my stuff....people are free to be themselves...
I could block the person.... Once they comment... But there's a certain perverse pleasure in knowing the 'burn factor ' too ... Is that bad? :lol:"

I was watchin news one night, Current leader+Opposition leader. Opp leader was asked "why do u apose a good thing for the people...", he replied "I AM the opposition, its my job to opose, even if its Good for the people".

Maybe you just have 'Your-Own' opposition leader??
Lucky thing you!

MichaelFite

Wannabie Member
Feb 10, 2014
I ride a
2009 Harley-Davidson XR1200
so funny you said, i'm really curious? are your engineer? Mr Falloffalot :))

MrFalloffalot

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2013
Alpha Centuri
I ride a
No, id more call myself a 'Fabricator'?? (Jack of all Trades too)
Engineers IMO spend TOO much time Drawing, measuring, checking, measuring, testing, measuring, drawing......JUST BUILD IT ALLREADY!!!!!

Why do you think that?

Reactions: janx101

The Gentleman Biker

Wannabie Member
Feb 9, 2014
I ride a
Naked Yamaha Fazer
Just as a rule of thumb when I started I thought I'd cut out any fat to leave only the meat. I'm leaning increasingly on that method because I don't think average Joe cares about 'non action' or not saying something that has a point.

Reactions: kuhlka

biker1968

Mistar Biker
Oct 2, 2014
Kent, United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSX 1250 FA 2014 plate
hI mate, you have had all the advice about being yourself so i thought i would offer some thoughts on the vids them selves.
really good video quality, nice and steady - not jiggling all over the place, you have managed to do a really good job in filtering out the wind noise...
but it may be muffling you for just a little bit....i found i had to up the volume level more than i noramlly do to keep up with the narration.

you may be able to increase the audio db post video via editing...other than that, coold vids well done.

CaturLifeLive

Make The Life Better With Hobbies
Sep 1, 2014
U.S.A
I ride a
Yamaha Yzf-r
Your videos are all good . but , there is one video which made me dizzy, that video is "Australia is upside down ..." ;)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO