I think I've cracked it... Mic audio

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
I'd love to see that video - make sure to let us know when it's posted!

Of course, this is only on my Street Glide, and I haven't tested it on other bikes yet

Does your street glide have a screen - because as moto mengys goldwing demonstrates, a screen almost entirely gets rid of wind noise.
Naked bikes like mine are more... problematic.

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
I'd love to see that video - make sure to let us know when it's posted!

Does your street glide have a screen - because as moto mengys goldwing demonstrates, a screen almost entirely gets rid of wind noise.
Naked bikes like mine are more... problematic.

I will most certainly post a link in the Member Vlogs section (and just let y'all know it's up in this thread - with no link so as to not break the rules - the video is several minutes long at this point). I'm really happy with the audio I'm getting now!

My Street Glide has a 6.5" Memphis Shades curved windshield on it, which certainly helps. The bellwether for me and wind is how fast my cigar burns while I'm riding :)

On my channel there's a Moto Vlog Gear Setup video that goes through 3 bikes - my bobber, my KZ, and my Glide, and how they each affect wind noise and audio quality, including runs to 60mph (with 10mph increments called out).

Because of this testing, I'm starting a whole new playlist on my channel for Moto Vlog Gear Setup. Next one up is a night test of the GoPro Hero 8. I'll probably post that video next week. I'm trying for 1-2 vids a week on the channel, even if I have 4 or 5 ready to upload.

-John

Reactions: LandyVlad

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
That looks like a full face helmet - I am using a half helmet. If I wasn't, audio would be much easier.

-John
10-4 on that. Same with having a full windshield. I notice riders with a big windshield have much nicer audio too. Getting nice Audio on the ' 04 CBR1000rr is always a challenge.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO