I Think Boogie2988 + H3h3 Are Onto Something.

thunderous71

Daddy
Aug 4, 2011
Surrey
www.thunderous71.com
I ride a
Mt-09
When I upload a new video I will lose subs. 2 weeks ago I uploaded 4 videos in a week and lost 24 subscribers. Well OK maybe my videos suck.. but never seen a drop like that.

Anyhow if you losing subs and wondering why... this could be it.

Last edited:

Sailormoto

Wannabie Member
Jul 4, 2015
I ride a
Yamaha MT07
Whether they are actively removing subs, i don't know but Youtube are still trying to push towards that profitability thing that seems to elude them and I think they think that they need to curate the content more. So, it wouldn't be surprising if they were using some sort of sorcery to suppress certain creators.

It seems really obvious when you look at the bigger you tubers. Just look at this 'made for you' bollocks that is plastered over everything these days. Some of these creators aren't even the biggest or the most popular but they are the 'right kind of creator' for youtube.

I haven't had any sub loss that i can see anyway.

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
I GOTTA GET 600,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 LIKES OR MY MOTORCYCLE WILL LITERALLY EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh - I should start a video with that. :D

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
I think YT is doing what they do because they need the data to be as accurate as possible when they are doing their marketing to potential clients seeking to invest in advertising on YT or etc.

If you were a client planning to advertise on YT (or any other platform) you would want to be sure your investment is sound, so the numbers that YT is promoting to you must be as real as possible.

If you haven't realize it, we are not YT's clients, YT doesn't profit from us.

Am I supporting their action? No. But I can understand their point of view. Sucks though.

Hopefully this changes for the better.

Arctic Pride

L Plate Member
Mar 3, 2014
I ride a
lot of different things
YT has control over its content generators. The choice is to tailor their content to what google wants or find another platform. There is NO transparency with the content generators as to changes being made and they have no choice in the matter.

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
David Patterson, a.k.a. ThatDudeInBlue, just posted a video about this too.

Basically, he's making exactly the same points Jake did in "Motovlogging is dead," but without the gloom, doom, and generalization that it's dead for ALL of us, which was really the only part of Jake's vid that I disagreed with. Now, over a month later, a prominent automotive YouTuber is saying basically the same thing, and he says it well.

BlakShadow

The Masshole
Sep 26, 2016
Massachusetts
I ride a
Honda Shadow ACE 1100
Anything I may someday make off my channel (I've made $0.46 so far :p ) will go toward paying off the camera, bike, etc. I'll never turn a profit, and that's OK.

Arctic Pride

L Plate Member
Mar 3, 2014
I ride a
lot of different things
What? Post to YouTube just for the art of it and no significant monetary gain?

The smarter creators don't depend as heavily on YT revenue, rather outside sponsorship with partners that already like the channel. Also removing YT references from videos (such as saying "hello internet" as opposed to "hello youtube") will help down the line if people need to move their media over to a new platform.

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
The smarter creators don't depend as heavily on YT revenue, rather outside sponsorship with partners that already like the channel. Also removing YT references from videos (such as saying "hello internet" as opposed to "hello youtube") will help down the line if people need to move their media over to a new platform.

Those are good ideas.

I wonder if the powers that be at YouTube are trying persuade the big creators to go to YouTube Red?

Arctic Pride

L Plate Member
Mar 3, 2014
I ride a
lot of different things
I'd say more like the advertisers are starting to push the narrative, non compliance, adios views

Arctic Pride

L Plate Member
Mar 3, 2014
I ride a
lot of different things
Nay, I'm sure many people would enjoy that. I'd look to another host though

Reactions: R-Rated

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts