I hope I don't hit a nerve..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulless82

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2012
I ride a
My two left feet... For the time being..
I'm a 30 y/o guy that wants to get his motorbike license.
I don't know were I stand with these new laws coming in 2013 what are my options?
After my CBT - Mods 1/2 - DAS any information would be much appreciated, thanks

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
CBT - Theory - Mod 1 - Mod 2 = 33bhp restriction bike for 2years
CBT - Theory - DAS = any bike you please

These are the current ways to obtain a motorcycle licence. ^

2013 will be alot harder for younger riders.

for you in 2013 its not change for you.
CBT - Theory - DAS = any bike you please.
Because your over 24.

Hope this helps, if not, give Roadcraft Nottingham a PM he should know more than me on this.

Soulless82

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2012
I ride a
I should have also mentioned I'm living in Northern Ireland at the moment , thinking about going back to Scotland will the laws not be different?

CurlyBlakey

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
South Suffolk, UK
I ride a
2004 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer
Soulless82 said:
I should have also mentioned I'm living in Northern Ireland at the moment , thinking about going back to Scotland will the laws not be different?

Unless Scotland becomes independant in the mean time no, licencing laws are decided by a UK wide body :)

Soulless82

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2012
I ride a
Cheers guys means alot it's been stressing me for a few months now.
It's put my mind at rest, I just need to get the get the ball rolling... Thanks

N.B - Curlyblakey I'd just like to mention I've subscribed to you since
I found Extreme601 and his cbt vids and found you a bunch of you
on his shout vids ;)

Mikesmotorbike

Wannabie Member
Dec 30, 2011
Guildford
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2001 Aprilia Classic 50cc (2009 - 2012)
2009 Rieju RS2 Matrix pro black edition (Dec 2011 - July 2012)
2001 Yamaha FZS600 (July2012 - January2013)
2005 CCM 404E (April 2013 - present)
as has been said, should be fine As roadcraftnottingham is an instructor he'll surely be able to help =) good luck with it all

senthx

Wannabie Member
Jan 8, 2012
Bedfordshire
I ride a
BMW 650 Sertao, Honda XR 250, Suzuki VanVan
CurlyBlakey said:
Soulless82 said:

Unless Scotland becomes independant in the mean time no, licencing laws are decided by a UK wide body :)

Are you sure? Doesn't N.Ireland have a degree of autonomy with subordinate legislature?

erm, it's probably a moot point anyway, but even so;

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/nireland/ ... cences.htm

Full driving licence
You are entitled to apply for a full driving licence if you have passed a driving test in the UK within the previous two years.
If you have a full driving licence issued outside of the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, see under heading Driving Abroad.
Restrictions on the use of a full licence
A full licence does not have any restrictions on its use other than those relating to:-
the age of the driver (see under heading Age requirements for driving)
supervision of learner drivers (see under heading Types of driving licence)
the type of vehicle the licence covers (see under heading The type of vehicle the licence covers)
the medical condition of the driver, for example, defective eyesight which cannot be corrected by glasses. You must tell the DVLA about any health condition that might affect your ability to drive
in Northern Ireland, once you have passed your driving test, you must display 'R' plates at the front and back of the vehicle for one year. You must not exceed the speed of 45 mph.

To use an example.

Yarek

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
I ride a
Street Triple 'R' - 2010 Matt Orange
Soulless - I only learned last year (I've got a good few years on you too!) and did the CBT first, rode a 125 for a couple months then did the DAS. It's definitely the way to go :)

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
I'd say get your CBT & Theory done, get a couple miles under your belt test around July/ August or eariler if you feel confident enough.

I started riding a geared bike in October 2010, passed in May 2011.
I only had off road experiance & a few ilegal runs up & down the street on a Mini Moto for a year or 2.

Don't be in too much of a rush, the new rules don't effect you in the slighest, take your time pass at your own pace. :)

Soulless82

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2012
I ride a
Thanks guys for your help and input,
I'm going to ask another question probably
noobish what's the ideal height for m/bikes naked/
supersports :)

Yarek

Wannabie Member
Jan 29, 2012
I ride a
Street Triple 'R' - 2010 Matt Orange
Soulless82 said:

I'd say anywhere between 5'10 and 6'2 to give you the biggest selection of bikes, but there's others out there that are more suited to the smaller or larger rider depending on the type of bike etc. I'm 5'10 and find the Street Triple & ER6F/ER6N really easy to get both my feet firmly planted on the ground, but when I sat on a VStrom I was struggling to be on my tiptoes!

RoadcraftNottingham

Wannabie Member
Jan 12, 2012
I ride a
Honda Pan Euopean 1100, Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC, Ducati Diavel, CBR600RR-8
Soulless82 said:
Hey Soulless, I'm 5 feet 8 and get on most bikes. You'll be fine above about 5 feet 6, below that there are things you can do to help. How tall are you?

I also had a BMW R1200GS by the way and advise that you should really get at least the balls of your feet on the floor.

AZZ3R

Wannabie Member
Jul 26, 2011
Lancashire
I ride a
Kawasaki Z750R
RoadcraftNottingham said:
You'll be fine above about 5 feet 6, below that there are things you can do to help. How tall are you?

I'm about 5 9' last time I measured anyways. I've sat on a Mille, R6, ZX6 got both feet down not fully, but would have been enough to stablise the bike in wind.

What bike do you want or are interested in? someone may have one which can give you a few ideas on what there link heigh wise.

I think the SV is 800mm from the gound to the seat, I can firmly get my feet on the ground. Like RCN has said there are things to raise & lower the bike if needs be.

Soulless82

Wannabie Member
Feb 15, 2012
I ride a
Hey, AZZ3R....The bikes i was interested in was the YAMAHA YZF600(Thundercat) -Honda Hornet CBF600 (07) - Suzuki GSXR 600 - Yamaha XJ6

RoadcraftNottingham : The last time i checked my height i was roughly 5'6 - 5'7... i hope i havent shrunk... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts