General I have 50 subscribers, and that makes me SUPER HAPPY!

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I know in the grand scheme of things 50 subscribers in two months isn't any big deal. It's small potatoes and many channels do much better far faster than mine has. That's fine, but achieving this in two months while having fun along the way has made me smile so I had to make an impromptu motovlog about it!

Thanks to so many of you here on motovlogs.com who have given me great advice in the past few months along the way. I can honestly say that this site has helped me out IMMENSELY. Truly, thanks all of you.

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Well done Mengy, they say the first 100 is the hardest, and you are now half way there in very short time! :)

I have found making videos a real help during the lockdown, given me something constructive to work on. Keep up the great work mate :)

Reactions: Moto Mengy

GIZZ

Wannabie Member
Jul 25, 2017
Canada eh!
I ride a
K5 gsxr 1000
Congrats on 50, that's really good in such a short time. At this rate you will easily hit 1000 before the end of next year. Where are you pumping and posting your vids?

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
Er, is 50 subs in two months really that good? I've seen other new motovloggers get more subs much faster, honestly I thought I was growing slow! I'm fine with it either way though, as I'm still learning and experimenting with every video I create. This is all new to me and learning new skills takes time and effort, especially for an old engineer like me!

GIZZ, currently I post to Youtube of course, and then to my Facebook page which I share in two motovlog groups. I also have my brand new Instagram account which has already brought some new viewers to my channel. For now that's pretty much it, but it seems to be working pretty well honestly.

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Don't base your growth on others too much. They may have had a large social network already inplace through instagram/twitter/facebook/etc.
I follow quite a few channels with similar numbers as yourself who have been doing it for years! :)

Madlad

Absolute Madlad
Apr 24, 2020
Canada
I ride a
2014 Yamaha R6
Hey congrats man! I'm not quite there yet, but I'm getting there too. Keep doing the vids and your social media and you'll grow even more :p

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
Thanks everyone, unbelievably I've gone up to 61 subs since I posted this video. I'm glad I rushed this vid out before it was too outdated, LOL!

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
all good! we all grow at different paces! A youtuber is a youtuber regardless of subscribers.

Well said.

I started motovlogging without any real plan other than to have fun and play around with making motorcycle videos. The fact that I have 63 subs in two months shocks me, but it also excites me too, mainly because I'm having so much FUN motovlogging so far. I didn't really expect to like this so much, I thought it would simply be an interesting side hobby I do now and then.

Honestly motovlogging has added a whole new aspect to riding for me, one that I'm enjoying it immensely.

Reactions: CafeBrakes

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Hey Mengy, awesome accomplishment man! They always say the first $1 is the hardest to make in entrepreneurship, and I bet that translates into viewership, too (I'm at 7 on my first week, so I'm looking forward to the 50 milestone, too).

What's cool is that there are dozens of motovloggers with 100k-3m subscribers so the ceiling is definitely there to keep growing into (either organically or thru' focused efforts). The one thing I've seen in common with them all is consistency in uploads (1-3x/week or such) and in expectations (thru' editing style, personality, topic focus).

Looking forward to more of your content!

B.Vation

@Bikervation
Feb 28, 2019
Wiltshire
I ride a
2007 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200R Roadster
Well done, my growth in subscribers is quite low but I don’t want the tail wagging the dog so only post when I have something to post. If I was committed to posting once a week just to pick up subscribers I’d quit. Good luck ;)

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Well done, my growth in subscribers is quite low but I don’t want the tail wagging the dog so only post when I have something to post. If I was committed to posting once a week just to pick up subscribers I’d quit. Good luck ;)
I set a goal of 1 video per week personally, just as personal motivation to get out and do it. I do youtube for myself first and foremost, as bad as that may sound because obviously the content you make are for others, but for me its something I enjoy doing for myself.

B.Vation

@Bikervation
Feb 28, 2019
Wiltshire
I ride a
2007 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200R Roadster
I set a goal of 1 video per week personally, just as personal motivation to get out and do it. I do youtube for myself first and foremost, as bad as that may sound because obviously the content you make are for others, but for me its something I enjoy doing for myself.
I agree with doing it for your own satisfaction which is what I have been doing. But I have seen some channels turn out video just because they have committed to turn out video and the content becomes a bit of a struggle because they have run out of things to say or do, which is what I meant by the tail wagging the dog.

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
I agree with doing it for your own satisfaction which is what I have been doing. But I have seen some channels turn out video just because they have committed to turn out video and the content becomes a bit of a struggle because they have run out of things to say or do, which is what I meant by the tail wagging the dog.
Yeah they get the YouTube burn out and get de motivated to do it. I know what you mean. That's why I set it as a personal goal, because that way I only disappoint myself. To each their own I always say, because everybody is different and what matters most is what makes you happy and nobody else

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts