I Can't Help Myself! Plastidipping Again

MiGlyRides

Geordie-Aussie
Jan 5, 2016
Gold Coast, Queensland
I ride a
Honda CBR 500 RA & Honda MSX 125 (GROM)
So my bike has been black for a whole 3 months and I just can't be having that so the fairings are off! Fun game take a guess at what the end colour is going to be :D

MiGlyRides

Geordie-Aussie
Jan 5, 2016
Gold Coast, Queensland
I ride a
I'm liking the guesses so far :D especially Orange because Hondah (extra h cuz that's how Ozzy's say Honda) haha It does take some time, Usually one day taking the fairings off the bike, painting and an overnight dry, then putting the fairings on the bike, It was worth it last time & that was on a black base coat so hopefully this one turns out better, also if you don't layer it on thick enough taking it off can be a PAIN!

MiGlyRides

Geordie-Aussie
Jan 5, 2016
Gold Coast, Queensland
I ride a
White Base is done! it looks real nice in white, I'm half tempted to leave it white xD
QSwemnp.jpg

FYI the stock exhaust makes a great weight for the sheet!
0xuFn37.jpg

Reactions: Tugboat

Tugboat

Wannabie Member
Mar 15, 2016
I ride a
2009 Yamaha YZF-R1; 1997 Suzuki GSXR-600
I painted my first bike before I ever rode it. 1997 Suzuki Gsxr-600
IMG_0203.JPGIMG_0204.JPG IMG_0213.JPGIMG_0214.JPG

Reactions: MiGlyRides

MiGlyRides

Geordie-Aussie
Jan 5, 2016
Gold Coast, Queensland
I ride a
Thanks! Different is exactly what I was going for :D the texture depends on how you spray it, this go round it's mainly smooth but with some parts are textured because I didn't do perfect coats you need good light to do this a shadows can mess with your eyes and you end up with inconsistencies. I'll post some more pics and close ups next time I'm out in the sun (I haven't even seen it in the sun yet CAN'T WAIT!!!)

EDIT: So the first pictures of a scattered coat turned out to be the main problem! You have to spray a full coverage wet coat (not so wet that it's running but so it's reflective) I found this out in between the white and blue layers and it was too late to completely save it by then.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoadSprock

MiGlyRides

Geordie-Aussie
Jan 5, 2016
Gold Coast, Queensland
I ride a
Well some fool deleted all his pictures from Imgur so GG MiGly! anyway I've been out in the sun and got some good photo's!!

[This is very smooth to the touch, however you can see some texture in the dip cannot feel it though]
cqpfKzz.jpg

[This one is almost perfectly smooth]
IyaZCV3.jpg

[Thinking about taking the tank off next time it actually went furry because the layers were so sparse]
mIGnhRM.jpg

[Right faring - mainly smooth with some textured (not rough) parts]
jRM13xP.jpg

[Finally the Tank - It's mainly smooth with some textured (not rough) parts]
YLx9cYU.jpg

Tugboat

Wannabie Member
Mar 15, 2016
I ride a
2009 Yamaha YZF-R1; 1997 Suzuki GSXR-600
That's really clean!! Nicely done. Makes me even more excited to see my bike when its done!

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts