I am just going to say it...depression sucks.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
WARNING - not my usual positive post.

I have come to know several motovloggers, regular riders, and even a regular blogger that rides that all deal with mental health issues. Some call it "wind therapy". One rider had not ridden ever until late in their life and overwhelmed with retirement.

Riding can be therapeutic but there are moments when riding is not enough. I know from experience it can get really bad and when that happens - getting professional help is an acceptable answer.

If you know someone in your life, be they a rider or not, support them in getting treatment.

Again, sorry to be serious.

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Never be sorry for putting a positive light on seeking mental health treatment. Too often it is ridiculed and looked down on as weak, something that you should just simply push out of your mind/life, or in the case with men, not manly.

Reactions: R-Rated

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
Wise words mate, we all have our own ways of dealing with things, some of them often are not that healthy mentally or physically.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
Well put. A tough subject to talk about. If not a professional just speak to a friend. Trust me if nothing it's a somthing. I've often thought about making a video and hats if those that do but I can't do it the way I'd want to do it.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Yep it sucks. Its the reason you haven't seen any motovolgs from me of late.

I've been in a bad place, and am working through it.
At the moment riding has been taken away from me, and might be for some time, making it harder to get through, however I understand why I can't ride and accept that.

I did get some good news today that a plan might come into place where I don't have to sell my bike, so that will be a huge relief.

What I can say if you suffer don't be afraid to speak out and seek help. Its not a sign of weakness, and you can easily find yourself in a very, very, very bad place if you let things go on.

bphoenix38

Wannabie Member
Apr 12, 2019
Southern Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I ride a
2013 Can Am Spyder RS
I just came across this post. I think it's good to see that more and more people are talking about mental health. As someone who also suffers from depression, finding someone to talk to is the key. It's one of the reasons why I started vlogging so I could have something to do and be positive about. I may vlog about it at some point.

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I love when people can openly talk about mental health and the problems it can have.

I haven't made a proper vlog about it, because of many reasons, so i openly support those who do talk about it.
(i did manage to make a vid about that some time ago).

I can't remember exact numbers, but around 1 in 5 people suffers from some sort of mental health problems.
And most heal by time and friends and hobbies.
But some need a better help, and nobody should be afraid to search for that help.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts