I <3 fan mail, Let's share! ^______^ (warning, profanity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

digit

Wannabie Member
Oct 23, 2011
I ride a
ducati
Hahaha, I swear, next to M13 I am likely the most flamed motorcycle blogger on youtube. Some of the comments I get really crack me up.

"yeh i can see by the video your full of your self FULL OF SHIT !!!!!"
"I wondewr if this guy is stil alive yet...hope he has a donnor card."
"that was pure shit ya fuckn jagoff"
"he sounds like a rich hipster cunt. lol"
"You are a complete douchebag. You have major mental problems."

I most of the attention I get stems from this video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXChpQd2hwg[/youtube]

I want to point out that I don't even do anything illegal in this video. I broke the speed limit, but I rarely go the speed limit anyway. I'm not a jerk about that either, I've been pulled over a few times, but I've never actually paid a ticket.

This video alone gets at least 2 or 3 comments each day, and I'd guess 2/3 are negative. Some times I respond, some times I don't. Every once in a while I get a real winner though. This one's my favorite:

"God almighty! I have heard some uninspired crap in my time. This is pure unadulterated verbal masturbation. 1 very lame ride home on a bike through a bit of traffic. Big deal, I mean really....big deal. Narrating as though ur some kind of super hero simply does nothing to this lacklustre attempt 2 show ur a mean motorcycle street warrior. Really lame dude. I have ridden bikes for 35 years + covered hunders of thousands of miles all over the world. Had real adventures along the way.This vid sucks"
uraldneprvw 5 hours ago

@uraldneprvw Well hey, look on the bright side. My video might have been a disappointment, but at least you found an opportunity insult a stranger AND brag to him too! The fact that you need to do that (especially at your age) tells me your life must kind of suck, so I hope you feel a little better about yourself now.
W1LDwanderer 2 hours ago

@W1LDwanderer I am not bragging, just stating a fact. Insulting a stranger?Nah, just pointing out the obvious.U post this drivel + u think my life sucks? Jeez, u really r up yourself. Ur tepid lacklustre video along with the verbal diatribe with the ridiculous intonation made me laugh. Not because it was funny but because it's so 3rd rate and cheesy.Ur the elevator music of the biker world. I simply had to listen to the dialogue again. It's seriously ridiculous.It's so bad it could be a parody.
uraldneprvw 1 hour ago

@uraldneprvw I don't understand the point of this. I'm sorry you didn't like my video, maybe instead of writing mean-spirited comments you could continue searching youtube and find a video you DO like. Besides, the fact that we both ride motorcycles and travel frequently means we probably have a lot in common. If you started by saying something nice, instead of saying something mean we would probably be having a more interesting conversation right now.
W1LDwanderer 1 hour ago

@W1LDwanderer Ur commentary about yourself is risable.Ur portraying urself as some kind of urban biking warrior by weaving in+out of a bit of traffic.Of course ur gonna get comments knocking u when u set urself up like this.What did u think was gonna happen? Calling that woman in the car a prostitute, the guy a fatso,how u look in ur leathers, the cops can't catch u It's age inapproprate, ur not 16 on a moped now.It's cliche'd + childish so of course u r gonna be ridiculed + not just by me I see
uraldneprvw 43 minutes ago

@uraldneprvw You're on the right track, allow me to help. I don't have much skill at filmmaking, so (as you pointed out) I made a parody. The video was entertaining enough that a few people enjoyed it on it's own, but there's more to it... I maintained subtlety in my humor to cause some of the viewers to fail to see my sarcasm. That's where it gets good, many of the people who fail to catch the joke post idiotic and enraged comments that are even more funny than the video itself.

@W1LDwanderer OK, very entertaining and no doubt all your negative comments must reinforce the idea that "ya done good". So good in fact that you ought to make more videos. May I congratulate you on your lack of expletives, correct spelling and punctuation throughout our brief correspondence. Maybe refering to the female "cage" driver as a prostitute was a bit unnecessary though

@uraldneprvw Hahaha, that's part of the trick. If I flamed right back at you, then you might not have responded. Also, teh fact that ur a grown man types leik a 14 year old douchbag paying 0 fucking attention to speling + grammar + punctuation is hilarious. Keeping my end of the conversation civil makes it even funnier. You can't seem to resist having the last word, so it was easy to continue milking you for laughs.

@W1LDwanderer I rescind my last comments. You are without a doubt the complete douche bag I took you for before. All previous statements apply. I sincerely hope that you get run over by a car asap.

:p

I'm interested to see what kind of <3 you folks have picked up from the internet comminity.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
Honda Hornet - With Beast Of A Micron Exhaust
Re: I <3 fan mail, Let's share! ^______^ (warning, profanity

You do graphic design at college? (I think that the right word in the US?) Me too do you have any of your work online??

digit

Wannabie Member
Oct 23, 2011
I ride a
ducati

Yeah, that's the right word.

Unfortunately I don't have my portfolio site up right now, but I'll shoot you a link to it as soon as I secure myself a new host and re-upload it.

MisterX

Wannabie Member
Aug 15, 2011
www.TopEnd.tv
I ride a
2008 Kawasaki Z1000 & 2003 Triumph Speedmaster

Cool! I used to be in the Graphic Design industry. Well, years ago. Kind of fell into the non-graphics job I'm in now, so haven't done any real pro graphics work in quite a while now. Just what's on my site and stuff. Nothing major. Definitely post up some of your work.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a

digit said:
but I'll shoot you a link to it as soon as I secure myself a new host and re-upload it.
This is the host that was suggested to me by parisianzee for the site that i should hopefully get round to doing soon - http://byethost.com/index.php/paid-hosting. I do graphic design at college here in the uk, which for us is 16-18, and am off to Uni (18+) to do it next year.

pizzaonaninja

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Behind you
I ride a
Trek 8500

I honestly liked the video.

The people that comment negatively on it, are probably cagers anyway. Real douchebag cagers...

But i like the impact it has on society, this vid.
keep em coming...

digit

Wannabie Member
Oct 23, 2011
I ride a
ducati

Cheesecake, MisterX That's really cool. I'm actually working on propaganda posters for class.

I do have one thing on Google Docs that you can view if you are interested. It's a re-brand for Puma.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-B_N4 ... QwMWZjOWIx
Quality kind of sucks in Docs, but you can download the PDF.
If I have some time tonight, I might just try and stick my site back on the net. It's about time I did that anyway.
I honestly want to be more of an illustrator than a graphic designer, but I can learn that on my own so I'm studying graphic design in school.

Cheesecake, that's awesome that you're getting started so early. I'm 28 and I just started this a couple years ago, but I'm learning fast.
BTW, if you have any of your stuff up, I'd love to see it.
Do you draw or paint, or anything else?

And as for the Cagers. I just don't care.
PZ, he put it best. "I have run out of fucks to give." I forget if he was talking about traffic, or a relationship, or what, but that's exactly how I feel. Like just a minute ago some guy asked me for a cigarette, but I couldn't because I was all out. It's the same deal with other people on the road. I used to be courteous, polite, etc.. but I didn't realize that I only had a finite number of fucks and the few that remain are reserved school,family, friends, and things that are actually important to me. When it comes to cagers, I just can't be bothered to give a fuck.

I should also probably clarify one other thing.

Positive or negative. I love getting a reaction. I get a thrill out of it. Making people form an opinion, choose a side, and be passionate about it, it's great. Ignorant people are the best. When they don't understand something, they tend to lurch directly to a negative reaction, and then immediately become vocal about it. It always makes me crack a smile.

Chessecake94

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a

I don't have anything up at the minute, I spoke to PZ about setting up a site a little while ago, but haven't had the time to do anything about it. As for drawing and painting, I'm not actually a very good drawer, which seems weird considering what I want to do, but makes it interesting finding ways around my total lack of being 'arty'.

BrianWest58

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Terre Haute, Indiana
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Sprint ST1050, KX250 and various other instruments of two wheeled death.

I liked the vid. The commentary reminded me of one of those detective movies. You do have A LOT of dislikes on it! LOL

digit

Wannabie Member
Oct 23, 2011
I ride a
ducati

Cheesecake, I'll bet you are "arty" and you just don't realize it. I mean Harry Potter was born a wizard, but he still had to spend years at Hogwarts to develop his skills. If you are a graphic design student and you are doing good work, then you probably aren't a muggle ;P

The point I'm trying to make is that while I'm a firm believer that the ability to be an artist is something you have to be born with (just like the ability to roll your tongue) it's still something that takes a lot of hard work to develop. Start now though. It's frustrating at first, but once you teach your hand to not be retarded, you'll get hooked and keep getting better and better!

Brain, yeah hahaha, that was kind of the idea ;) I made it so it's relatable for motorcyclists, but to a cager, it seems as though I am breaking the law and being a smug jerk about it.

g94

Wannabie Member
Aug 26, 2011
I ride a
Modded to hell CRF230F and street legal XR250R

digit said:
PZ, he put it best. "I have run out of fucks to give." I forget if he was talking about traffic, or a relationship, or what, but that's exactly how I feel. Like just a minute ago some guy asked me for a cigarette, but I couldn't because I was all out. It's the same deal with other people on the road. I used to be courteous, polite, etc.. but I didn't realize that I only had a finite number of fucks and the few that remain are reserved school,family, friends, and things that are actually important to me. When it comes to cagers, I just can't be bothered to give a fuck.

Well said :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts