How Do Carry All Your Keys?

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
On another note, how many of you need to carry 2 or more keys for one individual bike? Like 1 for ignition, for the gas cap, etc.

LoneWally

All Season Rider
Aug 29, 2017
Leicestershire
I ride a
2007 Hartford HD125L, 2013 Honda CB500X
On another note, how many of you need to carry 2 or more keys for one individual bike? Like 1 for ignition, for the gas cap, etc.

My ignition, fuel cap, steering lock and helmet lock (which I never use) all use the same key

Reize

2 Wheeled Islander
Jan 20, 2016
Singapore
www.reizeprimus.tk
I ride a
DRZ400SM / Shadow 400 ACE / ZX6R
I generally need 2 keys. The ignition/steering lock and the fuel cap. Almost all the bikes I buy have either one or the other busted and requires swapping out for another haha.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
Three keys -- one for ignition, and gas cap. One for the top case, and one for my security chain. I'm debating to remove the chain from under my seat as I haven't used it in about 2 years.

- Wuf

MIcruiser

SW Michigan motovlogger
Sep 25, 2015
SW Michigan
I ride a
2008 Yamaha V-Star 1300
https://www.youtube.com/c/MIcruiserGUY
2 keys for me, ignition and saddle bags. I am considering combining them, as they are 2 sided keys, and most lock cylinders only use 1 side of them. That way, I dont have my second key getting caught under the gauge shroud/fork clamp cover.

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
My bike key is seperate from my house and car keys.
I don't want to put excessive stress on the ignition plus I'd hate to discover scratches on my frame or tank from the keys swinging about.

On my bike keyring I keep 2 keys. One for the ignition and one for a master lock that I keep in the saddlebag.

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
I have them in individual keyrings, Home, Car, Moto. I always carry Home- Moto or Home-Car keys

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
My bike key is seperate from my house and car keys.
I don't want to put excessive stress on the ignition plus I'd hate to discover scratches on my frame or tank from the keys swinging about.

My ignition failed at about 40,000 miles. Putting a new one in was easy but I opted for an aftermarket version as a new one from Harley set up to the keys I already had was almost 200 bucks. As for the scratches, well, if you ride a lot you'll end up with scrathes and dents at some point. I just think of them as cool stories at this point.

Reactions: HeyItsRick

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
My ignition failed at about 40,000 miles. Putting a new one in was easy but I opted for an aftermarket version as a new one from Harley set up to the keys I already had was almost 200 bucks. As for the scratches, well, if you ride a lot you'll end up with scrathes and dents at some point. I just think of them as cool stories at this point.
Good to know on the ignition, there's all kinds of milestones to look out for when it comes to the sportster lol.
As far as scratches go, thats a good way of looking at it. Though I'm trying keep my baby pretty for as long as I can haha

Reactions: LoneWolfer

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Yeah HeyItsRick, Sporty's do offer some great milestones that are shared experiences for those of us who are fans of the model. Ignition module failure (Usually because of a heavy key chain plus excessive vibration - I'm still on topic yuuuss), clutch plate failure - the Clutch Grenade, and the Clutch Adjustment Throwout Bearing.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts