How about a section to promote your videos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AutisticAndroid

Wannabie Member
Jul 24, 2011
6
0
0
I ride a
Ducat - GT1000
Would be good to have a section to shamelessy self promote, post when you add new videos etc...
 

ToastToGo

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2011
1,222
69
48
29
Williamsburg, VA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Honda SuperHawk
AutisticAndroid said:
Would be good to have a section to shamelessy self promote, post when you add new videos etc...
Motovlog 1.0 had way too many people who would make a new thread whenever they uploaded a new video. It was pretty annoying when browsing the New Posts.

Maybe if we allowed that again for Motovlog 2.0, we would have a requirement of having "Video: ____ " in the title of the new thread to avoid aggravation...by me haha.
 

Bloodkraze

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
57
1
6
30
Omaha, Nebraska
I ride a
2006 Triumph Rocket III
Or each person could have their own thread of "Videos by _____" and then inside there they just update it whenever they post a new video they want someone to see.
 

ParisianZee

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
104
0
16
31
Paris, France
www.parisianzee.com
I ride a
2011 BMW F800-R
I don't like that too much to be honest. I like it when people post a topic with a special video that they made, that they think is particularly good. But I wouldn't like to have people post loads and loads of videos all the time. If I wanted that I'd just stick to Youtube.

I'd rather use motovlog as a helpful community which can discuss anything and everything motorcycle and motovlogging related. And then have a small showcase where users can post a video that they particularly enjoyed making and absolutely want to share. But not ALL their videos ALL the time.
 

bakker46

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
51
2
6
41
Veenendaal
fzr600rw.blogspot.com
I ride a
Kawasaki zr7-s suzuki ux150 Triumph 3TA
ParisianZee said:
I don't like that too much to be honest. I like it when people post a topic with a special video that they made, that they think is particularly good. But I wouldn't like to have people post loads and loads of videos all the time. If I wanted that I'd just stick to Youtube.

I'd rather use motovlog as a helpful community which can discuss anything and everything motorcycle and motovlogging related. And then have a small showcase where users can post a video that they particularly enjoyed making and absolutely want to share. But not ALL their videos ALL the time.
+1 :)
 

Sphynx

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
28
0
0
Rochester, Kent
www.sphynx.co.uk
I ride a
CBF600SA-8
Agreed, to have that type of system just replicates what YouTube is anyway. Much better to have a place to highlight videos of particular interest - if people want to see more, they can always browse around within your YouTube account once they get there or even subscribe.
 

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
437
0
0
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
If you want to stay up to date with someone you subscribe right? I would have no problem people posting series / one off videos that they make, or point people too but wouldn't want loads of people just updating constantly.
 

c90ftw

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
75
0
6
www.youtube.com
I ride a
06 ZX-6R (636)
bakker46 said:
ParisianZee said:
I don't like that too much to be honest. I like it when people post a topic with a special video that they made, that they think is particularly good. But I wouldn't like to have people post loads and loads of videos all the time. If I wanted that I'd just stick to Youtube.

I'd rather use motovlog as a helpful community which can discuss anything and everything motorcycle and motovlogging related. And then have a small showcase where users can post a video that they particularly enjoyed making and absolutely want to share. But not ALL their videos ALL the time.
+1 :)
+2. I know if I had a video about gear or something very specific that I was needing advice in, I would post the video but also write out my questions and concerns. My reasoning was that way people could read my question/concern/topic and then respond to it without ever having to listen to my video at all.

I think shameless promoting would be overdone and agree with ParisianZee.
 

GracyKaye

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
3
0
0
I ride a
Nothing YET!
What about a video of the month like how we have the picture of the week? Where you submit one video that you worked REALLY hard on for the month :] To show it off and have people vote for it! :D
 

AutisticAndroid

Wannabie Member
Jul 24, 2011
6
0
0
I ride a
Ducat - GT1000
JollyRoger said:
If you want to stay up to date with someone you subscribe right? I would have no problem people posting series / one off videos that they make, or point people too but wouldn't want loads of people just updating constantly.

Well that's the point, lots of people post up a thread for new vids in other forums. I was saying we should have a section where it's just for your new vids that you want to share/discuss.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Want your video here?
Supported by Suffolk SEO who helps maintain this site.

Latest posts