Hi-viz Gear

Damin69

Wannabie Member
Jul 22, 2015
I ride a
2007 Yamaha Vstar 650 Classic
My main gear is Hi Viz. I really do like it full water proof and is also a pretty decent range for riding temps. With my liner in I have ridden comfortably without extra layers down to 35 degrees. And I wear it up to about 80 degrees out without liner in it. Once I get up to that temp i end up with my full mess armored jacket on but it is all black. I know you are not guaranteed to be seen but If I can take a bit more of a chance on my end to be seen I will take it.

MrJoel

Rom: one-one-six unashamed
Jun 14, 2015
Louisville, Ky
www.facebook.com
I ride a
1994 seca II
Cafe 1992 seca II
I did my own visual studies and, People are a lot more likely to see you. The problem we face on bikes is our frontal area that people see while pulling out into traffic is roughly 10-15% of what their brains are looking for in a car, and the shape is different too (car/truck is a big square coming at them and a bike is an inverted triangle...doesn't register in the brain). color selection is key and the most costly visualization study ever done was for centrury 21 real estate company. When you read that do you remember the color of their signs? Yellow. That color helped move them from a regional company in the 70s to the elite real estate company in the 80-90s. Why, because their for sale signs stood out among the countless others. I admit, there are other ways of being noticed but I really don't want to stand on my pegs flapping my arms like a bird at every intersection :)

I wear an icon mil-spec mesh jacket and love it!

ToastRider

Geezer Ninja
Jul 18, 2015
I ride a
Kawasaki Concours 1000
Kawasaki 454 LTD
I have two jackets, one gray/black with a LOT of reflective accents, and one hi-viz yellow. Riding about as much as I do, I definitely get much more attention in the hi-viz. My next helmet will be either white or hi-viz yellow to increase my profile.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
Contrast is where it's at!

I find that people wearing black helmets on bright days stand out more than white or light helmets against bright well lit backgrounds.

ToastRider

Geezer Ninja
Jul 18, 2015
I ride a
Kawasaki Concours 1000
Kawasaki 454 LTD
That might be a great observation!

We also bake more thoroughly on hot sunny days :oops:

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts