Helmet Chin mount for camera ?

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
I saw on one of the YT motovlogger channels - chaseontwo wheels? or maybe someone else.

It was a bracket which can be secured to the chin portion of the helmet - outside, under the vent - which allows for fitting of a gopro style mount.

At the time it was not available but was going to soon be available on the website of whatever company was concerned.

I know this is very limited info but perhaps someone recalls it?

It seems to me that it might work well for me with my Shoei Neotec 2 helmet.

MachKneel

Insta : @flex_and_freedom
Mar 23, 2021
Co.Derry, Ireland
I ride a
Harley Davidson Softail 2021, Yamaha R6 2005
I saw on one of the YT motovlogger channels - chaseontwo wheels? or maybe someone else.

It was a bracket which can be secured to the chin portion of the helmet - outside, under the vent - which allows for fitting of a gopro style mount.

At the time it was not available but was going to soon be available on the website of whatever company was concerned.

I know this is very limited info but perhaps someone recalls it?

It seems to me that it might work well for me with my Shoei Neotec 2 helmet.

I just used the curved GoPro mount and attached it to the most suitable curved section of my helmets chin area. For where the mount didn't take to the helmet correctly with the supplied 3M adhesive tape, I added Gorilla Glue to fill the void, then I covered all the edges with Gorilla Tape so wind resistance wouldn't build up at high speeds and add pressure.

Sounds extremely messy but its actually neat IRL! The tape tidies it up. Will take pics later when home from work if you wish! Just remember to allow for bracketry which enables you to tilt your GoPro upwards slightly, or else you will just end up with footage showing your fuel tank and handlebars, unless that is what you want! :)

John

Reactions: LandyVlad

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
Do you mean Ruroc Atlas \ Berserker mount?

:) Thanks. I'm pretty sure that the brand is indeed Ruroc but it wasn't the Berserker

I just used the curved GoPro mount ... Will take pics later when home from work if you wish!
Yes please, photos would be great.

:) Cheers mate that's a good range of mounts but none for the Shoei Neotec / Neotec 2.

Sadly their website states that:
This mount is NOT COMPATIBLE with any other helmets unless listed otherwise
and that appears on all listings.

Baldbiker

L Plate Member
Mar 7, 2021
I ride a
Africa Twin DCT
Amazon has them. Actually they are pretty much the only kind I can find on Amazon now. I use one all the time. They work pretty good except the straps tend to come loose on a regular basis and you need to keep tightening them.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts