Helmet cam on flip front helmet?

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
In case anyone else has the same problem, I'm sure I've watched someone on youtube with that helmet, and a gopro sat on the chin/flip piece. They had enough slack wire on the outside to allow the lid to flip up.
If I can remember who, I will post it here. It will be someone I sub to, so must have it somewhere
My roadtrip/cooler weather helment has that setup. It is a Shoei Neotec 2. It has done great so far.

20230901_180911.jpg

20230901_180923.jpg

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
It will depend on how long the mic wire is. A short mic wire will suit a chin mount, but a long wire might not give much room to stow it away.

I have a chin mounted Insta360 One RS on my flip front Shoei Neotech II helmet and the mic wire I have is far to long for the mic to be sat in the flip front chin area.
I am running both a Purple Panda and Røde mic on my Neotec II. The side that does not have the SRL mic coming out has a channel where the Panda peeks out. Then I route the wire around the inside base of the helmet to connect to the camera adapter.

The other mic is for the comms feed and its excess tucks in nicely near the earpiece.

Reactions: Slorida

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts