Status
Not open for further replies.

RoAddiction

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2013
I ride a
Yamaha R6
Hello everybody, here is my 1st post!

I am from South Africa, 33 year old guy that has diploma's in graphic design and more recently a Nasm qualified personal trainer! I live in a little town called Durban in South Africa and i have an 07 Yamaha R6 which is my mode of transport and fun. I like long walks on the beach and readi.....no just joking! :D

So as of 10 days ago i got sucked down the Youtube rabbit hole, and somehow ended up on a channel called "BakerXDerek". 4hrs later, possibly 50 videos down the line i had discovered Motovlogs! And since Dexter
and breaking Bad are coming to an end i now had just found a new addiction! Anyway, i am researching my ass off on how to motovlog,well set it up and still have a lot of questions and obstacles to get over.
1)I,m not even sure people wanna see a motovlog from South Africa
2) I only have the original gopro,so no audio out option.

Anyway, i'm hooked, regardless of my obstacles, i will overcome them and start Motovlogging. Even if nobody watches my videos, i talk to myself all the time while riding so i may as well document the
crazy things i see and experience while riding in a 3rd world!

Thanks for reading guys!
Much Love

Miggs7170

Wannabie Member
Jun 22, 2012
Cape Town, South Africa
www.youtube.com
I ride a
GSXR 600
Welcome to the jungle =)

Thus far, over 800 people want to watch vids from Cape Town, so I don't imagine Durban will be any different. It'd be nice to have another vlogger in SA, even if you're on the other side of the country. We can have the smallest vlogger meetups in the southern hemisphere.

You'll need to find an audio solution for your gopro. I'd suggest sticking it on bidorbuy and upgrading to a Hero 3. Good luck and let us know when the channel is up and running.

Lekker dag en mooi ry =)

BikerSpeedTriple

Wannabie Member
Aug 18, 2012
Hertfordshire/London
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Triple
For audio, a lot of people use a separate dictaphone and sync up in edit which seems to work out pretty well.

Either way, there are plenty of people who will be eager to watch videos from somewhere different that have some kind of uniqueness to them.

Good luck and welcome!

RoAddiction

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2013
I ride a
Yamaha R6
Awwwwwwww Miggz! Hope you healing up well buddy! I won't lie, i nearly died when i saw a vlogger from SA, one guy in the whole country vlogging and you're American! Go figure, always 10 steps ahead of South Africans it seems but nevertheless, you and BakerXderek have inspired me!
I,m considering the dictaphone route, my next issue is my helmet, i have the HJC Ben Spies Replica in Matte so i,m not sure the Gopro mount will hold. I have a Shoei rogue (to big & heavy for me) and a Shark which i was involved in a crash in but i can't remember if i hit my head hard in it! Oh brother, i will get there though! All you guys inspire me!!!

Nerb

Seriously not serious
Nov 13, 2012
Melbourne
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Motard: Husky610
Adventure: KTM1190 Adv R
ThirdWorld said:
... and somehow ended up on a channel called "BakerXDerek". 4hrs later, possibly 50 videos down the line i had discovered Motovlogs!

BULLSHIT... 50 videos from BakerX would take at least 12 hours! LOL

Enjoy the ride. If you make videos for your own enjoyment, they will turn out the best. Enjoy this wonderful community.

RoAddiction

Wannabie Member
Sep 1, 2013
I ride a
Yamaha R6
:lol: hahahahahha guys i mean i watched Dereks then found Sparky's and Dafobra's and then Miggz! Haven't stopped wtching every night since! I find it therapeutic tbh!
You guys are great!

Miggs7170

Wannabie Member
Jun 22, 2012
Cape Town, South Africa
www.youtube.com
I ride a
GSXR 600
ThirdWorld said:
Awwwwwwww Miggz! Hope you healing up well buddy! I won't lie, i nearly died when i saw a vlogger from SA, one guy in the whole country vlogging and you're American! Go figure, always 10 steps ahead of South Africans it seems but nevertheless, you and BakerXderek have inspired me!
I,m considering the dictaphone route, my next issue is my helmet, i have the HJC Ben Spies Replica in Matte so i,m not sure the Gopro mount will hold. I have a Shoei rogue (to big & heavy for me) and a Shark which i was involved in a crash in but i can't remember if i hit my head hard in it! Oh brother, i will get there though! All you guys inspire me!!!

All healed up! Just waiting on the bike.

GoPro mounts will stick to matte. I have an AGV K3 in matte that I used to vlog with. If you're not sure about the Shark, stick it on the shelf, boet. Not worth getting your brains scrambled.

For what you're going to pay for a dictaphone in SA, you could probably almost buy a H3 Silver. Let us know what you decide =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HippoDrone Introduce Yourself! 0