Having to wait for oil to turn up sucks!!

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
So I need to change the oil in the bike!

Ordered my oil off the internet so have to wait until it comes before I can ride!

Helpppp!!

Before anyone says.. no I dont have any oil to top her up! :( haha

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
How many mi/km does your odo have? and how many mi/km since the last oil change?

Reactions: R-Rated

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Oil came today! Woohoo!

Filter is a NIGHTMARE to get off haha!

Bike has about 6k on her now but want to put different oil in as I have been recommended different.

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
There are these things called shops, where you take them money and they exchange it for goods.

I would have though it a better option than the internet.

Reactions: LoneWolfer

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
There are these things called shops, where you take them money and they exchange it for goods.

I would have though it a better option than the internet.

Oh really? I didnt know they existed!

Thank you for the poor sarcasm and enlightenment on that!

Thats the problem you thought and dont know.

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
If it isn't a common then order online but if it is a common one just grab it from the store.

Yeah I would have but want to throw Amsoil in the Harley and no shops near me stock it.

Nevermind I want to do it right so dont mind the wait. It was worth it haha

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
Personally, I stick to manufacturer fluids and filters for my bike, an HD Sportster in my case. HD's prices are actually reasonable for fluid and filters plus I have two shops within 20 miles of me. No need to wait for the internets to get me my stuff.

And I have someone in my life who is in the Cult of Amsoil, and I know from seeing them change their oil that it is always sludgier than mine. So, from my perspective, Amsoil's claims aren't really matching up with what I've seen.

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Personally, I stick to manufacturer fluids and filters for my bike, an HD Sportster in my case. HD's prices are actually reasonable for fluid and filters plus I have two shops within 20 miles of me. No need to wait for the internets to get me my stuff.

And I have someone in my life who is in the Cult of Amsoil, and I know from seeing them change their oil that it is always sludgier than mine. So, from my perspective, Amsoil's claims aren't really matching up with what I've seen.

The boys over at 1130cc say different and have seen the results on the vrods so will be sticking with my choice.

Maybe its our motors that make it work?

Either way I have gone with the majority.

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
You go right on and do you man. I prefer being able to ride whenever I want and a reasonable, accessible product over hype.

Great i will man. I prefer quality over ease so dont mind the wait!

Cheers.

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
You go right on and do you man. I prefer being able to ride whenever I want and a reasonable, accessible product over hype.

Maybe next time I'll give it a whirl! After all I have a dealer about 30 mins away! Appreciate the heads up man!

Reactions: HippoDrone

lupin

Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I always love people’s opinion on the internet as to why one oil is better than the other. It’s basically this.

“I put the oil in and the engine didn’t blow up”

Maybe one conversation in 1000 there is someone who actually did a oil analysis sample.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone with a analysis of Amsol

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
off topic ish, I always run super unleaded fuel, I will go to another petrol station if the one I am in doesn't sell a high octane fuel.... I have no idea if it makes a difference but I still use the more expensive fuel. I do know that on the bikes I have had with plastic tanks that none have had the issues others have had with bubbling etc, so I continue to use higher octane petrol from the places that use less ethanol, and I will continue to do so. I feel better and safer running my bikes and car this way, others may think I am wasting money, others have also had their tanks swell and paint jobs ruined, I haven't.

lupin

Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
Fuel octane is a different matter. There is a definite advantage to higher octane fuels, and it’s normally nothing to do with power.
As you have said some of the additives in lower octane fuels are quite nasty. Ethanol in particular is very nasty when stored for long periods.

Reactions: LoneWolfer

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
I ALWAYS put high quality fuel in.

I can feel it too. The bike doesnt like low quality stuff, it runs alot different. I once stuck some cheap supermarket stuff in a few months back due to being caught out and it had a crazy flat spot.. it may have been a sucky batch of fuel but strange it was the cheaper stuff!

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
In my bike I always look for 91 or higher, preferably 93 octane. Motorcycle engines being smaller with often times unique compression ratios really suffer from low grade gas and additives. Luckily thats pretty easy to find in my area in New England.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Oil came today! Woohoo!

Filter is a NIGHTMARE to get off haha!

Bike has about 6k on her now but want to put different oil in as I have been recommended different.

How did it go? I hope well.

I think you and LoneWolfer may be onto something about the difference in engines and lubes. LoneWolfer has an Evo Sporty which may be more forgiving as far as oil goes. The red line for the Sporty is about 6k and the V-Rod is about 8-9 depending on year/model.

Sure 2-3K rpm does not seem like much but for a twin cylinder, it can be a lot.

Reactions: scottrod

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts