Have you named your bike / bikes?

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
Never understood the need to anthropomorphise machines.

I don't think giving it a name anthropomorphise a machine. It is more of a way to keep it apart or make it your own

When people start handing out emotions or feelings to their bike, then yes, that is pushing it into anthropomorphise ;)
Same goes for pets btw, my pet peeve is people anthropomorphise their animals xD

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
I don't think giving it a name anthropomorphise a machine. It is more of a way to keep it apart or make it your own

When people start handing out emotions or feelings to their bike, then yes, that is pushing it into anthropomorphise ;)
Same goes for pets btw, my pet peeve is people anthropomorphise their animals xD
By definition if you give it a human name technically you are anthropomorphizing it, but I get what you mean, you're not going further. Some people go crazy with giving human traits to things, although I can't say much because I have a pet rock that has is own bedroom and I tuck it in at night. His name is Dwayne

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Personally I don't name my bikes. I find it really cringe-y when I'm in a conversation and the person refers to their bike with a name. i.e. while chatting the guy says I haven't ridden Stella for a while, and I will be feeling like WTF that sounds weird.

Somehow though my bikes got named, ironic but unintentional. Example would be I like to say I riding slow like a turtle and somehow the bike gets the name Turtle. The other one makes brap noises and got called Brapster. But I did not intend to give them any names.

TBRD

Throttle Back Rubber Down
Jul 9, 2020
I ride a
2020 BMW S1000XR
I have named a lot of my cars and bikes in the past and have been thinking of a name for my new bike. I might just call "her" B as she is a BMW. Strangely I have thought of all my vehicles as females...no clue why.

MickFist

Wannabie Member
Aug 20, 2018
Birmingham, UK
I ride a
Yamaha Fazer 600 '98 - The 'Mistress'
Current bike is dubbed 'Mistress'. Even had a slot in my best mans speech.

Prior to this was a lexmoto XTRS 125 called 'Duchess'

I treat it as more of a codename than any sentimentality.

Screenshot_20200715_200111.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: HippoDrone

WEB

L Plate Member
Feb 14, 2020
I ride a
Triumph Thruxton + Harley Lowrider
The Harley is called "The Harley" and the Triumph is called "The Bonneville"

The Bonneville is a Thruxton, but it's called the Bonneville because it's a Bonneville with some factory tweaks, if I go "Triumph Thruxton" all the old people think I ride a Street Triple etc.

Daryl

Wannabie Member
Jul 6, 2015
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
Yep. A subscriber actually named my first named bike 'My little Pony'. I thought it hilarious. 100 vlogs at least later, I bought a H2. Named it the Donkey. Then I bought my dream bike, a zx14-R. The Stallion.

My shed is the Barn.

• Haha

Ponkster

Wannabie Member
Aug 30, 2020
I ride a
VN 1500 rat sidecar rig and a Yamaha FZS/R1/R6/ other hybrid rat bike called "Rattus"
My bike was named because I was told it must have a name to enter it into a competion at a rally - so it got called Rattus Rattus which is latin for black rat !
rattus side on .jpg

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
My CBR1000 is named Iris because she is an Inline4 (engine layout), so I for I. My RC51 is named Violet because she is a V-Twin. Plus I like those names.

In the past, I have liked naming cars since the first day I owned one but did not start naming my bikes until I started using apps on my phone to track various bike data and the apps asked for names to keep track of the different bikes. So there you go. :)

Teh Purp

Friendly Neighbourhood Idiot
Aug 9, 2020
SCOTLAND!
I ride a
SFV650, NC700x, anything im given
i nammed mine more for a laugh and a joke initialy, then it kinda became a thing,

iv got GlaDos refered to as DoS, (gladius, go figure)
Crowbar (nc700, used as a tool)
And potato, or crow, havnt fully desided....(the pitbike project, sometimes the p gets turned into sh....)

bonus points to anyone who can get the vague theme.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts