Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
This is a mate of mine. This is also someone who always wears full gear etc.

This what happened the once he ‘nipped round the block’..

Yes we can judge. I doubt there is anyone who hasn’t popped out without all the gear.... it only takes the one time!!

“Now as you all know I had a motorcycle accident on Wednesday. As some of you know, I spend a large amount of time yelling at people to wear FULL leathers inc ALL other safety gear.

However, on Wednesday, I did not wear full leathers, I wore a bike jacket, jogging bottoms, boots, gloves and my £600 SHOEI helmet.

If I had worn FULL leathers I would almost certainly have got away with the huge laceration to my knee and all the gravel rash.

If, however, I had been wearing a cheap helmet i would have almost certainly ended up with a far more severe bleed on the brain.

SAFETY ON BIKES IS NOT BYPASSABLE. IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOURE GOING "AROUND THE BLOCK"

WEAR FULL PROTECTIVE GEAR AT ALL TIMES!!!!

AD820A6C-6357-43A0-867D-31AE14B9C142.jpeg
25572E65-593A-4084-AC79-036419B4E7DF.jpeg C6BDCD8A-2BB8-4256-9A4F-CFFF36FB41AB.jpeg 2706BBB9-65E7-4AFE-9382-236B9240365F.jpeg 187823B4-E0A0-4FFB-A15D-E07A541A897A.jpeg

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
I still won't though. I watch fatal accident pictures and videos before every season. Still ride with just kevlar jeans and simple back protector vest.

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Arghhh thats nasty! I hope he makes a full healthy recovery man!

Gemini

Los Angeles R1 Motovlogger
Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Damn that's rough. I've thought about quick rides with no leathers on my legs but always chose to wear my full alpine stars 2 piece suit... you just never know. Most accidents happen within 5 miles of home right?

Reactions: HippoDrone

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery dude.

I must admit I am on of the die hard no kit no ride clan. As said above you never know what is round the corner. With a wife and kids at home, and having spent many hours in the gym fine tuning a god like physique, I don't want a split second mistake to throw all that away.

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery dude.

I must admit I am on of the die hard no kit no ride clan. As said above you never know what is round the corner. With a wife and kids at home, and having spent many hours in the gym fine tuning a god like physique, I don't want a split second mistake to throw all that away.
The god like physique part me me laugh haha, not doubting you just funny that's on your mind #aesthetics

Reactions: HRMV

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
The god like physique part me me laugh haha, not doubting you just funny that's on your mind #aesthetics
Hahaha... It's a work in progress lol. Thought I'd try lift the mood.

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Hahaha... It's a work in progress lol. Thought I'd try lift the mood.
Same here. Been working hard to get into prime shape for my wedding. Too bad we might have to postpone it. But hey more time to get shredded am I right

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Same here. Been working hard to get into prime shape for my wedding. Too bad we might have to postpone it. But hey more time to get shredded am I right
Absolutely dude. I was meant to be competing in April 2021, but likelyhood is may have to postpone due to gym closures.

Gemini

Apr 16, 2020
Los Angeles
I ride a
2019 Yamaha R3 ABS
Absolutely dude. I was meant to be competing in April 2021, but likelyhood is may have to postpone due to gym closures.
Damm bro competing? Talk about #goals! That's cool man yeah I have a decent amount if gym equipment at home thankfully so the only gains I'm losing are the big lifts. Have to settle for dumbells and cable machine / body weight

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Damm bro competing? Talk about #goals! That's cool man yeah I have a decent amount if gym equipment at home thankfully so the only gains I'm losing are the big lifts. Have to settle for dumbells and cable machine / body weight

Yeah have converted spare room but being upstairs not really suitable for deadlifts or big squats. Luckily it's BB I do not powerlifting so can just use time away from big stuff to go on a cut and shed some body fat.

HRMV

Unsupervised Wanderer
Sep 22, 2019
I ride a
Kawasaki Z800
Sorry for detracting from your original post content.

humes

Colorado Motovlogger
May 17, 2020
Denver, CO
www.instagram.com
I ride a
2012 Ducati Monster 696
Thanks for sharing this -- those are some brutal pics that are definitely stressful to look at (I'd be a terrible doctor). I wanted to add my own comments that might help with the plead for ATGATT.

For me I've boiled down gear in two ways:
* You can make gear look awesome, and wearing awesome gear makes it easy to do it always. Pure black Dainese was what made me giddy, and although doesn't have the best visibility (I rarely ride at night, fortunately, and it has reflectors throughout), I get pumped to put the outfit on every time. I "feel" like I look stupid in anything else. I used to wear dress clothes at work and would change every day (when I arrived/left), so I know the inconvenience of dealing w/ gear daily.

* Gear is just an additional cost on top of my insurance policy; so instead of a $1k/yr insurance policy (Colorado hit me good as a new rider it seems), I view it as an additional fixed cost divided over ~3-5 yr of gear durability (random assumption). So let's say $1k insurance over 5 yr, with $2k gear up front and maybe some more gear a few years later. That's $5k + $2-3k = $7-8k insurance policy to ride motorcycles for 5 years (or $1,400 - $1,600/yr). To me, that's the price to pay to ride, and I'm happy to do it.

Reactions: HippoDrone

whingnut

Squidbilly
Jul 29, 2016
Virginia beach VA
I ride a
2008 KLR 650 modified for TAT
@dandoolittle its been a year how is your friend doing? hopefully much better

ATGATT. Straight up i would have lost my jaw without a full face helmet, and most of my right arm sanded off without my jacket with armor on my highside in 2017. insurance actually paid for my gear at market value to include my clothes and boots. @humes $1k a year is high you may want to shop around a bit for next year. Once you hit 20yrs it gets cheaper at around $318 per year as long as you dont have medical coverage on it!

Joking Aside. Most riders do not know how to read their insurance policies or understand whats written the best thing you can do with insurance is learn how to read them especially the ones using health coverage, gear protection, contents protection and property protection. i learned the hard way on insurance you guys shouldn't and cheap insuance is not necessarily a good thing.

LandyVlad

King of Mycenae
Jun 8, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
gsx1400owners.org
I ride a
Suzuki GSX1400
So happy we have medicare here in Australia.
I always wear kevalre jeans,with armour in hips and knees, and a RST jacket and decent motorcycle gloves and motorcycle boots. And a Neotec II is my current helmet so yeah full face for the win !

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts