Goretex Giving Up

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
I've got a pair of Hein Gericke trousers which are HG's own brand GoreTex called Sheltex.

Been out for 3 hours in copious rain and some of the wet made its way in and my normal trousers (that's pants to some of you) and underpants.

Now, is GoreTex and the similar products meant to give up after prolonged exposure ot not. Can you treat it, and in treating it, do you keep the breathable quality of it?

My Alpinstar Drystar gloves leak too. One pair is about a year old, other pair are about 4 months.

Shifty

Motovlogger
Jan 5, 2016
U.K.
shiftyblake.wordpress.com
I ride a
Ducati Multistrada 1200 GT
I've got a pair of Hein Gericke trousers which are HG's own brand GoreTex called Sheltex.

Been out for 3 hours in copious rain and some of the wet made its way in and my normal trousers (that's pants to some of you) and underpants.

Now, is GoreTex and the similar products meant to give up after prolonged exposure ot not. Can you treat it, and in treating it, do you keep the breathable quality of it?

My Alpinstar Drystar gloves leak too. One pair is about a year old, other pair are about 4 months.

Some of them can be washed, and tumble dried on a low heat. The tumble dryer supposedly resets the fabric in some way. Even my Rukka leaks when it's really driving storms.

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
I've always avoided tumbling it! Not sure my tumble dryer does a proper cool setting

Flyboy

Ninja Flyboy
Jul 23, 2016
Canada
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R on the street and a Kawasaki KX 450F in the dirt.
I had the same problem with mine. I contacted the company and did all the things they recommended: washed with the gortex cleaning solution, etc. I was tired of all the leaking and it didn't change no matter what I did. So, I spent a bunch of cash on the Klim gear for the rain. That stuff is amazing. Just got back from a trip last week and drove through 15 hours of pounding rain. No a single drop came through.

Reactions: Arctic Pride

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
I nearly went for a Klim jacket, but a Dainese one was calling me!

Still not sorted trousers but might go Dainese through and through.

Flyboy

Ninja Flyboy
Jul 23, 2016
Canada
I ride a
Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R on the street and a Kawasaki KX 450F in the dirt.
I nearly went for a Klim jacket, but a Dainese one was calling me!

Still not sorted trousers but might go Dainese through and through.
Those are nice ones too. In the end, quality does pay for itself in the rain.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts