GoPro remote bluetooth connection issues

CollingsB

Certified JB Welder
I returned home yesterday from a trip to Nova Scotia from Winnipeg. I would pair the remote to my GoPro every morning, turn the camera on and start recording for the daily intro, then stop recording and let the camera power off by itself.
The Remote would lose it’s connection to the camera….every damned time… After a few days of this I took the remote off the handlebars and chucked it in my tank bag.
Is there a firmware update that I’m missing to fix this?

I returned home yesterday from a trip to Nova Scotia from Winnipeg. I would pair the remote to my GoPro every morning, turn the camera on and start recording for the daily intro, then stop recording and let the camera power off by itself.
The Remote would lose it’s connection to the camera….every damned time… After a few days of this I took the remote off the handlebars and chucked it in my tank bag.
Is there a firmware update that I’m missing to fix this?

Which GoPro? I've heard it is more an issue with the 11, but I don't have one of those. I have a 12, and it only loses connection in Multicam usage.

The other thing could be how the camera(s) is(are) powering off... if it's turning off of its own accord, that might break the connection, but if you use The Remote to turn the camera off, that might preserve the connection. This is what I do.

-John

Which GoPro? I've heard it is more an issue with the 11, but I don't have one of those. I have a 12, and it only loses connection in Multicam usage.

The other thing could be how the camera(s) is(are) powering off... if it's turning off of its own accord, that might break the connection, but if you use The Remote to turn the camera off, that might preserve the connection. This is what I do.

-John
GoPro Hero 10 Black..

GoPro Hero 10 Black..

Every once in a while, my Hero 10 will lose connection to The Remote... but it's very rare.

I suspect it's how you're turning the camera off... but it SHOULD reconnect when it powers back on.

Have you tried updating the Firmware on the Hero 10?

-John

Every once in a while, my Hero 10 will lose connection to The Remote... but it's very rare.

I suspect it's how you're turning the camera off... but it SHOULD reconnect when it powers back on.

Have you tried updating the Firmware on the Hero 10?

-John
I checked the firmware this morning…it’s up to date..

I would try turning the camera off and back on using the remote, then. See if that works. You can do that at your desk without having to go for a ride.

-John

The desk tests only show so much though. I don't have GoPro, but Insta360 remote behaves very differently when being stationary in my room, compared to actually riding. The speed and line of sight have some kind of effects on the signal strength and reliability.

The desk tests only show so much though. I don't have GoPro, but Insta360 remote behaves very differently when being stationary in my room, compared to actually riding. The speed and line of sight have some kind of effects on the signal strength and reliability.

That's wild. My GoPro remotes have always acted the same on a desk as they do at highway speeds.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen... I just find it wild that it would.

-John

That's wild. My GoPro remotes have always acted the same on a desk as they do at highway speeds.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen... I just find it wild that it would.

-John
It could be the bike? Harleys only get upnto 110 mph without the electronic govenor being disabled. :cool:

It could be the bike? Harleys only get upnto 110 mph without the electronic govenor being disabled. :cool:
That might be the 103... but I know the M8 114 goes up to an indicated 114 with the governor. Unless you're using a GPS and that "114 MPH" is really 110, in which case I retract my statement. We all know the speedometers on motorcycles are somewhat optimistic :D

-John

That might be the 103... but I know the M8 114 goes up to an indicated 114 with the governor. Unless you're using a GPS and that "114 MPH" is really 110, in which case I retract my statement. We all know the speedometers on motorcycles are somewhat optimistic :D

-John
My 2019 speedo was off. An FP3 or other tuner can fix that and disable the top speed limit for dyno purposes (wink).

SmartSelect_20240831-212346_Chrome.jpg

I would not suggest removing the top speed unless your tires, insurance, and bail money fund can handle it though.

My 2019 speedo was off. An FP3 or other tuner can fix that and disable the top speed limit for dyno purposes (wink).

View attachment 7345
I would not suggest removing the top speed unless your tires, insurance, and bail money fund can handle it though.

I figured as much ... I just go off the indicated speed... which is rarely high enough to need an increase in tire speed, life insurance, or bail money :D

-John

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts

Back